Lift springs: Should I go OME or Pro Comp?

Well I did it. Ordered according to CodaMans list. Pretty close to 900.00 cdn by the time taxes and shipping were factored in :(
But hey how does that saying go,oh ya "Buy once, Cry once". (I hope :))
Old thread, but it looks like you went with the R5000x shocks and Pro Comp springs. How did you like the combo? Did you get all the lift you expected?

Old thread, but it looks like you went with the R5000x shocks and Pro Comp springs. How did you like the combo? Did you get all the lift you expected?
Since its my 1st lift install I didn't know what to expect. Also since it and my 97 TJ share 50/50 daily driver duties I didn't go big.

Here's a pic of the finished 05 Sport with 2" ProComp lift springs.
I also installed 1/2" coil spring spacers on the front springs only. (Great idea ty @JMT).
Finished product is level. TJ is otherwise stock. The ride is firm, not uncomfortable, with new Rancho 5000x shocks.
20190311_170414.jpg

Reactions: JMT and fuse
Since its my 1st lift install I didn't know what to expect. Also since it and my 97 TJ share 50/50 daily driver duties I didn't go big.

Here's a pic of the finished 05 Sport with 2" ProComp lift springs.
I also installed 1/2" coil spring spacers on the front springs only. (Great idea ty @JMT).
Finished product is level. TJ is otherwise stock. The ride is firm, not uncomfortable, with new Rancho 5000x shocks.
View attachment 104927
Awesome! Nice looking rig! That's on 31s, right?

Thanks for the explanation and for posting the pics. After some upgrades that added some weight, I'm thinking of a moderate lift to get some clearance back plus some. The Pro Comp / R5000x combo is pretty high on my list.

Nice to see that things came out level with just a small spacer up front. I have a fairly heavy winch up front and a hard top, so I'd expect to sit just a little lower with the same setup. And I'd have to see how things sit to decide if it needs a leveling spacer.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Awesome! Nice looking rig! That's on 31s, right?

Thanks for the explanation and for posting the pics. After some upgrades that added some weight, I'm thinking of a moderate lift to get some clearance back plus some. The Pro Comp / R5000x combo is pretty high on my list.

Nice to see that things came out level with just a small spacer up front. I have a fairly heavy winch up front and a hard top, so I'd expect to sit just a little lower with the same setup. And I'd have to see how things sit to decide if it needs a leveling spacer.
Yes 31s. Knew I forgot something.
Your set up with hard top may be fine with no spacers.
Be nice to know for sure before u start ordering, etc.
You might also check OME lift I believe it's a bit over 2" I'm sure u know all that.

Reactions: fuse and JMT
Bumpy bump

splain to me how ProComp get’s 2” of lift ot of a spring thats1” longer and 25# lighter than stock......IR Confused