Lifted Truck Aggression?

TheSushiGod

Howdy folks!

This is my first post, so howdy again! I just purchased my first TJ wrangler. It's lifted on 33's, has a couple of Smitty built bumpers, but other than that it's fairly unassuming. Yet, I've noticed something: People in lifted trucks are extremely aggressive around me. I've been cut-off multiple times, tail-gated, "rolled coal" etc. This is a stark contrast to the other vehicles I've owned including a 2021 Wrangler (god I love this TJ so much more.)

Has anyone else experienced this level of aggression from lifted truck drivers? I'm in the Seattle area by the way.

• Sad
Reactions: MikeE024
This your jeep by chance?

1712167321342.png

/s

Last edited:
Live to the north of you on Vancouver Island, and yes, there are many lifted 'little boy trucks' here (short-box F-150/1500 Ram 4x4) with stunningly ignorant morons behind the wheel. This is a logging community, and real work trucks are common, but lot's of the afore mentioned vehicles also . . .

It may be a local thing or, a big city thing. They were a lot of aggressive drivers when I lived in Dallas. I'm now in rural Virginia and people actually drive BELOW speed limit (can be frustrating at times!).
To quote an old Honda motorcycle add: you meet the nicest people behind jeep! I mean driving it!

Reactions: Woodrow
That is just kids with daddy’s money showing their butts.

“ If you kids want to come down to the trail with me let’s see how that truck will do compared to this jeep Rubicon- I hope you don’t care a lot about your paint”

Reactions: GregBelleville
I daily drive in Seattle and haven’t experienced what you’re describing.

It’s probably the way you’re driving.. how often are you in the left lane?

I've seen it and experienced it in Denver and other cities I have spent time in. The vehicle being targeted doesn't matter much. My stereotype is that there are a noticeable amount of shitty assholes driving brodozer trucks.

Just kids. Had a rusted out 90s f150 roll up on me the other day and tell me my Jeep was gay. That was about it, though.

Also had some kids throw a beer can out their rusted out 1500 at my SRT10 the other day. Their aim was poor, and their truck was slow.

Ever daily driven a sports car? Can't go a day without some dickhead trying to race you

Last edited:
Live to the north of you on Vancouver Island, and yes, there are many lifted 'little boy trucks' here (short-box F-150/1500 Ram 4x4) with stunningly ignorant morons behind the wheel. This is a logging community, and real work trucks are common, but lot's of the afore mentioned vehicles also . . .

All of them have been massive "parking lot princess" trucks. Excessive lifts, zero body damage, chromed out or rims with very little tire on them, tinted windows and usually a sticker on the top of the windshield stating how it's tough or something. Mostly very new or newer models... they look very expensive.

• Haha
Reactions: srimes and BlueC
All of them have been massive "parking lot princess" trucks. Excessive lifts, zero body damage, chromed out or rims with very little tire on them, tinted windows and usually a sticker on the top of the windshield stating how it's tough or something. Mostly very new or newer models... they look very expensive.

They're jealous. 🥳

1712180440794.png

Last edited: