Lifted trucks for street use: Why?

The term you are looking for is “brodozer” 😉
1581195635670.jpeg

... the bigger the lift, the faster and more wreckless the person would drive.

Here in Illinois, lifted trucks not driving like assholes are a rarity.

I don't care if you're driving a foot-high lifted Ford F350 or a base model Fiat 500. Don't tailgate me or I'll brake check your ass.

Who f- in cares what the do with their own truck. Why do you grow a beard, or shave your head?
I shave my head because the lack of cover on top of the dome would make me look like a monk (or Gallegher if I left it long) :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

But I agree with most here. Perhaps someone lifts thier truck because they want too. I used to four wheel the heck out of an old lifted truck I had before jeep days. Not all four wheeling is done on tight trails . Maybe because it looks good. Maybe because spending way too much on a vehicle that lacks basic comfort and will automatically turn to a pile of oxidized steel is not everyone's cup of tea. Maybe because thier dad did it and thier dad before them. Never know.

As for dumb ass drivers, here outside of DC it is the Beamer drivers who take the prize.

I shave my head because the lack of cover on top of the dome would make me look like a monk (or Gallegher if I left it long) :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

But I agree with most here. Perhaps someone lifts thier truck because they want too. I used to four wheel the heck out of an old lifted truck I had before jeep days. Not all four wheeling is done on tight trails . Maybe because it looks good. Maybe because spending way too much on a vehicle that lacks basic comfort and will automatically turn to a pile of oxidized steel is not everyone's cup of tea. Maybe because thier dad did it and thier dad before them. Never know.

As for dumb ass drivers, here outside of DC it is the Beamer drivers who take the prize.
Yeah you're right on. I think it does look good, but never been my cup of tea. Hell in the summer I practically daily drive a yellow '77 grand Marquis.. Listen to AM news radio and 8-tracks. That's my cup of tea and I hope everyone finds the joy that I do driving whatever they want/like.

You're a NOVA guy? I grew up there, bounced between Centreville and Fairfax. You are SPOT on about bimmer drivers.

It's funny seeing guys on a Jeep site complaining about lifted trucks.

If we're talking about off road capability, you guys realize not all terrain and trails are the same, right? There's plenty of places lifted trucks can go, and not be too big to fit. Not all trails are designed around Jeeps and SxSs.

For trucks that see mostly pavement, so what? People lift trucks because they look good. Same reason people lower trucks. It's all about personal taste.

It gets tiring listening to people complain or talk bad about truck guys. If they're bagged, people complain the truck is now useless, and if they're lifted then the driver must be compensating for something.

:ROFLMAO:
You may have gone the other way, but you still made your truck less truck useful. :ROFLMAO:
My truck was never bought to use as a truck, it was bought to make a muscle truck for show and go.
If I need something done with a truck, I just hire a strong back. I ain't straining my back brother. lol

I don't know about you all young guys out there but my stock f350 is 7 damn feet tall. It's a tall step getting up on the running board and sometimes climbing in and out can be an adventure.

Reactions: Fixer6
So much hate in here, considering most off road Jeeps have a lift kit and larger tires.

Ive pretty much had a lifted vehicle since I was 16yrs old, I'll be 50 in a few weeks. My wife has the same preference, and we have been together for almost 33yrs now, no compensating here. Both of us are self employed, quite successful, and have a truly blessed life = no kids and lots of toys.

All our daily drivers are lifted

My lifted F250 w/6.7 and 37's, saw 50K miles last yr with a trailer attached, either pulling construction equipment or hauling toys to Moab. And I dont roll coal. Once you pull anything with a diesel, you dont want to use anything else. I spent yrs struggling with a lethargic 1/2 ton gasser, will never go back, will continue to own a diesel for as long as I can.

r7mr4UKPT5u46Cr27OI0vg.jpg

gratuitous off road pic in Utah, but im from WI

EEC1A02D-D3EF-4058-A26C-81910AF3818C.jpeg

Wife absconded my 12 JK as her DD, hates when the winter tires go on, wants tires larger than the 35's that are on there now. Which means more lift

IMG_8367.JPG

And lastly my recently purchased lifted TJ. Actually the smallest in the bunch, and the reason I joined this site.

l%Oi2rrFTUCwpOtKG3qwmQ.jpg

Its only my personal preference in vehicles, nothing more than that.

Last edited:
My Jeep had a larger lift when I bought it, I lowered it an inch for better geometry, looks and function. Had it been bone stock, I may have lifted it 2 inches tops, may have left it stock as dune smashing doesn't benefit much from a lift, knowing how to drive rules the day. My trusty old pick up is completely bone stock and sits pretty high off of the ground as is and does not go off road other than to occasionally do mild work in the field. Any lift on my rig would subtract from it's capabilities. I don't care what others do to their rigs, I'll admire them or stay silent. The shit people do to their touring bikes is worse.
IMG_2719.JPG

Reactions: Thatguy and Squatch
Many diesel trucks are 'nose heavy' . . . . many folks have them leveled. Many run airbag suspension. No big deal . . .

A 5.9L Cummins engine is 1150 lbs.
A 350 Chevrolet motor is 600 lbs.
The Cummins is 9 cubic inches more displacement than the Chevrolet.
Just for an apples to apples comparison

a Chevy 350 = 5.7L

In the south they are doing the “squat”

raising the front end leaving the rear at stock height.

looks stupid. Reverse rake of the nova and other 70s cars.
Lol, they call it the “California Lean” here.