lifting my gf's jeep

Hey everyone, i am in the market for a two inch lift, its purely show and is a daily driven jeep by my gf. anyways i called a place for a quote and they said they subscribe to teraflex suspension parts. a two inch shock and spring lift kit runs like 900 bucks. like 1500 with install. anyone know anything about teraflex? im mostly concerned that this thing will still drive relatively stock and decent. afterall it is only for looks and needs to stay somewhat comfy for her. please advise. thanks in advance

I don't usually recommend it, but if it's strictly for looks, just buy the Rough Country 2.5" lift and be done with it. It's a simple install and will get the look your after for under $300.

thanks chris. im not too worried on the budget. i just want her lift to be comfy and last past 5 years with out shock leakage or spring sag. does ome last okay?

Teraflex isn't bad, but if you want to spend under $900 and get THE BEST budget lift you can, the OME lift is the way to go:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P9JY0E/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Pretty sure everyone will agree with me on that.
Well, there is the H&R + bilstein mod, but it does change the way the TJ rides down the road a little. And it's only slightly under the $900 mark.

OME is top shelf stuff. Have no fear of the OME suspension.

OME is the brand I'd go for for that size for a girlfriend's Jeep. Be wary that some brands tend to ride too stiffly, Rough Country and ProComp being two notably stiff-riding brands.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
hey can i go with these (are these too big???) or should i stay with 31's. will they rub or have issues?
Mammoth 8 Beadlock Wheel - 15x8 Wheel - and BFG KM2 Tire 33x10.5- 15

Get a 1.25in body lift on top of the 2" OME, which is really closer to 2.5", and you will be good for 33's, IF you have 4.56 gearing

Last edited: