lights in the grill

VallenMaes

TJ Enthusiast
So i like the brightness of LED light bars, however i hate the look of that big bar running across the top. Has anyone done a discreet LED light setup? i was thinking smaller bars on the grill however I dont know how much airflow i need. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't go obstructing the airflow too much and block the whole grill, but there's no reason you can't bolt light bars to the front bumper in front of the grill. Though I think the most discreet LED option would be to replace the stock headlights with LED ones, which can be done on the affordable side of things if you get the right ones.

What LED's do you have exactly?

In all honesty, you don't need a light bar at all if you have a set of quality LED headlights.

I can attest to this first hand. My Truck-Lite LED headlights are so insanely bright, that the idea of a light bar just seems silly (I think they look stupid too).

Just a thought!

Here's a thread worth checking out, incase you decide on some LED headlights:
Jeep Wrangler TJ Headlight Upgrade Options

I have a stock bumper and not a big enough budget to buy a new one yet, but i have a few LED 'light bars' small enough to fit in the grill.
If you are good at DIY stuff you could cut an opening in your stock bumper to fit a smaller light bar well as long as your state does nor require a front license plate.

Reactions: Jeep9748
I have been thinking about OP idea.... I am thinking of getting some oval shaped foglights and mounting them vertical inside the grill slats....again just thinking. I have also been working on installing a small light bar in the raised section of the hood. So basically where the hood raises up on the TJ, I would cut out just enough of the slope portion to mount a subdued light bar.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I have been thinking about OP idea.... I am thinking of getting some oval shaped foglights and mounting them vertical inside the grill slats....again just thinking. I have also been working on installing a small light bar in the raised section of the hood. So basically where the hood raises up on the TJ, I would cut out just enough of the slope portion to mount a subdued light bar.

That would be fantastic!!!! let me know how it turns out!!!! The hood idea is a good one.