Link for the factory subwoofer in console?

I don’t think there's a whole lot of information on the factory system outside the FSMs. Most people rip it out and swap it with something standalone

We had a customer that brought us their wrangler and said make like original with the sub in the console.

There's nothing there but an empty console and aftermarket head unit. The head unit has the RCA's for the sub so thats good.

I told him this won't be original speaker in there or amp...plus you want better.
That is perfectly satisfactory it just needs mounted the way factory did it.

So ultimately I guess I'm looking for first hand experience with using the console but an upgrade to the sub and amp whilst fitting it in there. What brand and model is a direct replacement and the amp as well.

Thx

We had a customer that brought us their wrangler and said make like original with the sub in the console.

There's nothing there but an empty console and aftermarket head unit. The head unit has the RCA's for the sub so thats good.

I told him this won't be original speaker in there or amp...plus you want better.
That is perfectly satisfactory it just needs mounted the way factory did it.

So ultimately I guess I'm looking for first hand experience with using the console but an upgrade to the sub and amp whilst fitting it in there. What brand and model is a direct replacement and the amp as well.

Thx
Double post

If you find an original console sub enclosure, you can dynamat the inside and use a 6 3/4” kicker sub. Sounds pretty good for what it is. I have my jl 5 channel amp mounted on the steering column. No lost space and everything is out of sight

You wouldn't happen to have some pictures of that would you?
Thx

8DB71B64-BB1E-4969-8B6B-C6A568F431BA.jpeg

A625EC08-2A8A-45BC-932F-0D1F015A4167.jpeg

You wouldn't happen to have some pictures of that would you?
Thx
I cut a piece of aluminum the same dimensions of the amp and bolted it to the aluminum part of the column, my Jeep is a 05. Then mounted the amp to it. The sub fits great, at maximum excursion the surround hits the factory grill so if you may want to remove that if they are unhappy with that part of the install.

I am getting ready, well, I'm in the middle of doing this. I bought a complete rear section of the console with a factory subwoofer. To convert my non-sub TJ to a "factory" setup, I needed:

cassette/cd tray under console lid (expensive if found separately)
subwoofer enclosure
new sub speaker (Kicker brand)
new amp for the sub (kicker brand)

I already have an aftermarket radio. I'll be mounting the sub amp under the column, as outlined here: amp under column thread

If you find a factory sub enclosure, you'll probably need to replace the speaker. If you find a factory enclosure, you'll probably need to replace the amp.