Florida List of Florida members who like to go off-road

How is Ocala NF? Never been there.
I haven't been there in the Jeep, only on dual-sport motorcycles. Ocala Natl. Forest is lots of sugar sand, a few places with wet, sandy mud, some more sugar sand and then even more sugar sand. I would go check it out with other TJs but if going out alone the Citrus tract is similar and just a few miles down the road from home.

As you stated, we live on a giant sand bar. :(

Richloam is much closer to you and has the wet, sandy mud (just about the only kind in FL). There you can ride dry sand, mud, sand, mud, sand, mud... you get the idea.

Richloam sounds simular to River Ranch
Ocala national forest is good if you like to go wheeling and camping. There’s some places out there that are kind of cleared out and you can primitive camp after a day of wheeling. But if you want just a wheeling trip citrus is better IMO

Reactions: Matt888
Hey! add me to the list too! im down in Palm Beach County but have been up to Ocala NF. interested in seeing what else is out there!

Finally got my own now.

D03A00B2-1B40-4B65-94D0-0E10922F1785.jpeg

I'm in the Jacksonville area. Been to Ocala NF a few times. It mildly entertaining but if you get on the wrong trail you will get some free modifications to the paint job on the sides of your Jeep.

Tampa here, I'm in. Need my diffs rebuilt first. Need to find someone i trust. Don't let anyone else work on my stuff, unless I have to. Tempted to do them myself. There are a few off-road parks too.

Tampa here, I'm in. Need my diffs rebuilt first. Need to find someone i trust. Don't let anyone else work on my stuff, unless I have to. Tempted to do them myself. There are a few off-road parks too.
Red scorpion off road, ask for Ron. He has done tons of work for me in the past. He’s in tampa.

Red scorpion off road, ask for Ron. He has done tons of work for me in the past. He’s in tampa.
Or Kenny Brock, Specialty Motor Works in Dover. He did my front and rear re-gear and locker installation (and a bunch of other stuff). Ron did some work on my Jeep too. Both are stand up guys.

We are in Orlando.
My wife and I do the WMA like Bull Creek (when the small game trails are open) & Three Lakes often.
I am going up to the north side of Ocala NF in August for some camping and wheeling.

Check out "FloridaJeepRides" on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLEK3jVD3lCE-5qgl9X9W1A
A friend of mine does this channel and has some good videos on where to ride in the Sunshine State.
I subscribe to this guy's channel. He shares great info.

Reactions: Matt888 and Zorba