California List of SoCal members who like to go off-roading

For a Doran/Odessa run, Iwould recommend at least one locker and 33's minimum. I have done both in my CJ5 on 33's. Most TJ's are better off bypassing the gatekeeper on Doran. Here are a couple of vids showing waterfalls on both trails. Going up doran and down Odessa is slightly more challenging. Odessa is the reason I switched to a soft top. The old CJ had a soft top and never noticed the scrapes and bumps.

The best time to run these trails is spring and fall. The heat in the summer is a big factor.

Up Odessa's waterfall:

Up Doran double waterfall:

Last edited:
Reactions: suicideking
Should we check here for run info?

I am going to do Big Bear on Sunday (4/25/21). Probably unload at the transfer station by Baldwin lake (9ish) and head to John bull east entrance, if anyone is interested.

Family type run, picnic in the middle. Kids are welcome.

I have GPX files for sharing. I’m using Gaia now. Seems to work fine. I also have extra GRMS handhelds if anyone is short.

389F5CFD-6628-4A8E-9BBB-E13826B5D5A4.png

Last edited:
Should we check here for run info?

I am going to do Big Bear on Sunday (4/25/21). Probably unload at the transfer station by Baldwin lake (9ish) and head to John bull east entrance, if anyone is interested.

Family type run, picnic in the middle. Kids are welcome.

I have GPX files for sharing. I’m using Gaia now. Seems to work fine. I also have extra GRMS handhelds if anyone is short.

View attachment 245250
Hey man, I wish I could make it but I’ll be in Moab. But the list of names in the first post can be copy and pasted into a run announcement you create 👍🏼 But I don’t care if runs get posted here either but it’ll be cleaner if you create a run announcement and copy the names.

I’d like to compile a list of the SoCal members who like to go off-roading and would like to be tagged in run announcements. Just reply to this thread and I’ll update the original post with your name in it. When making a run announcement simply copy and paste the names below into your post and all names on the list will receive a notification that their name was mentioned in a post.

@Sancho @DoOver
@Nickgsjeep @Billy06 @Ocho @Dino Darling @Bigmac @Larry97TJ @Nightmare9 @fuse @Brandough @GoBig @49mercpapo @CaliSteve @lulzpwndyah @1904-06LJR @Richyrich @Stinkbug @connor grimes @bkeith72 @EzPeezy
@Jerry Bransford @Rec_Rider @olafwagner @ncfitton @suicideking
@WSS
@piperthejeep
@N_CARRERA_
@M1Jeep
I’m in

Reactions: Nickgsjeep