California List of SoCal members who like to go off-roading

My son and I are going to do the Rubicon on Oct 2-3 and in order to be ready we are going to do another shakedown run at Cleghorn on Sept 18. Anyone is welcome to join us. Early start at 8am (ready to roll) since it gets busy. Let me know if you'd like to join. Here are some pics from the one a little over a week ago.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/cleghorn-run-on-the-31st.53147
Just following up for this Sat in case anyone wants to join. I have a feeling it'll be busy out there due to the first day forests are open again.

Just following up for this Sat in case anyone wants to join. I have a feeling it'll be busy out there due to the first day forests are open again.
Well, looks like this is now cancelled again. CA extended the national forest closures another week.

• Sad
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Anyone interested in doing Death Valley in the next few weeks. I'm taking off the middle of the week and back before the weekend. Just don't want to run with weekend traffic. I don't have any dates yet and wanted to know anyone interested in an Overlanding get away. I'm thinking of checking out Stone and Briggs cabins and maybe doing Titus canyon if we decide to death valley.
My rig has no lockers and running on 33 inches AT. I have a tent, arb fridge and camping gear. Thinking of trail runs and dirt roads. No really rock crawling for me but would spot other drivers if need be.
Hit me up if you're Jonesing for a quick get away.

Hi SoCal jeepers. Just a heads up, my friends jeep was stolen last night and he found it a few blocks from his house thanks to his skim. I spoke with a cop friend of mine and they said TJs and classic Cherokee thefts are on the rise due to the demand south of the border. It’s always been bad but they’re seeing an increase. Just food for thought.

Hi SoCal jeepers. Just a heads up, my friends jeep was stolen last night and he found it a few blocks from his house thanks to his skim. I spoke with a cop friend of mine and they said TJs and classic Cherokee thefts are on the rise due to the demand south of the border. It’s always been bad but they’re seeing an increase. Just food for thought.
Wow, good to hear he got it back. Curious was it parked at his residence or was the theft outside of his residence?

I plan on a two day trip before Thanksgiving, probably going to do Holcomb one day and little JB and JB the next or vice verse. I'll post up dates as soon as I am sure.

Doing claw hammer and nightmare in JV this Sunday. 10/24 just a day trip, probably a 9:30 start. I can set a firm time if anyone is interested.

<EDIT>
November 6th & 7th for Big Bear. Just confirmed. I am up for most trails except dishpan (the fam always gives it a thumbs down)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucklenelson
I plan on a two day trip before Thanksgiving, probably going to do Holcomb one day and little JB and JB the next or vice verse. I'll post up dates as soon as I am sure.

Doing claw hammer and nightmare in JV this Sunday. 10/24 just a day trip, probably a 9:30 start. I can set a firm time if anyone is interested.

<EDIT>
November 6th & 7th for Big Bear. Just confirmed. I am up for most trails except dishpan (the fam always gives it a thumbs down)
I’ll most likely try to tag a long on the 6th or 7th Ive never been on a trail up there but with a good spotter I’m up to try mostly anything up there. Are you camping or renting a cabin?

I’ll most likely try to tag a long on the 6th or 7th Ive never been on a trail up there but with a good spotter I’m up to try mostly anything up there. Are you camping or renting a cabin?
We are staying at the big bear chateau. They have trailer parking that is secure.

We go slow and usually have lunch in the middle of the trails. 33’s and a locker for either of the trails. JB is at its easiest I’ve seen but Holcomb’s middle garden (the wet one) was washed out last time I went.

Happy to spot!! Big Bear is a really beautiful area. All the trails are nice. I’m open to an easier trail to if you like. Gold mountain is a little chattery but easier. Some of the back side trails like the squeeze are fun to.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
We are staying at the big bear chateau. They have trailer parking that is secure.

We go slow and usually have lunch in the middle of the trails. 33’s and a locker for either of the trails. JB is at its easiest I’ve seen but Holcomb’s middle garden (the wet one) was washed out last time I went.

Happy to spot!! Big Bear is a really beautiful area. All the trails are nice. I’m open to an easier trail to if you like. Gold mountain is a little chattery but easier. Some of the back side trails like the squeeze are fun to.
I chase the challenge. I have 4” SL and2 BL 33s front and rear lockers. So whatever works for you!

<EDIT>
I think claw hammer and nightmare are closed till the 1st of November. I was looking them up and noticed it.