Lite Brite Kevin filled the Diesel F450 with gas

😠 I actually did it once back in the early 90's ! had a 5.9 cummins. had worked 12 hrs in ATL, got off work at 1am and drove straight down to our condo in Destin, Fla., about 20 miles away I stopped for fuel, back then the diesel pumps were always off by themselves. well I pulled over to the pump and walked inside gave the cashier money and the pump number. luckily she gave me a receipt, I walked out filled my truck and drove to the condo. when I got there I emptied my pockets and for some reason looked at the receipt HOLY FUCK 😱SUPER PREMIUM . I guess with all the big boats filling up they had the pump off to the side for them ! had to siphon 30 gals of diesel/gas mix out and refill it but got really lucky and nothing was damaged ! don't ever say it'll never happen to me !

Not the same on today's fuel systems. You'll ruin a $3-5K fuel system.

Can you go into detail on that? Having never owned a diesel, I would have assumed you could change out the tank and run fresh diesel through to flush it out.

Can you go into detail on that? Having never owned a diesel, I would have assumed you could change out the tank and run fresh diesel through to flush it out.

This is if you tried to run it and got gas into the diesel system. My neighbor put gas into his 2020 Ram 3500 but he didn't start it. Had it towed home and had a friend swap out the fuel filters and plus flushed it really good.

But if you run gas in one of the new low sulfur systems it'll damage the sensors from what I was told.

This is if you tried to run it and got gas into the diesel system. My neighbor put gas into his 2020 Ram 3500 but he didn't start it. Had it towed home and had a friend swap out the fuel filters and plus flushed it really good.

But if you run gas in one of the new low sulfur systems it'll damage the sensors from what I was told.

I think it has to do with the fuel pump. Modern diesels hit nearly 30,000 psi.

I think that’s about 10 times the pressure used on gasoline engines.

A fuel pump failure is about $10k to fix.

heck if I'd of been the guy in the video I would of put it into the Jeep. might of smoked a little but Premium with a little dsl mix wouldn't of hurt it. especially if he was near empty when he filled it.

I had a buddy put gas in his Chevy diesel. The truck figured it out pretty quick and shut the engine off. Had to clean everything out but no permanent damage done. He's a little spacey so he decided his next BMW would be diesel so he would never have to pump gas again, just diesel. Problem is his daughter that lived at home at the time had an identical BMW that is gas. They messed it up a few times.

Last edited: