WTB: LJ hard top

Status
Not open for further replies.

04 LJ

🇺🇸 JEEP 🇺🇸
Supporting Member
Very rarely have the top on but would like to have a hard top for my LJ just to have one. I am located in ENC. Thanks.

what's your price point?
Prefer not to have over a grand in it. I’ve seen TJ tops for well under a grand but I am not sure how much difference in price there is b/t used TJ tops and used LJ tops.

Prefer not to have over a grand in it. I’ve seen TJ tops for well under a grand but I am not sure how much difference in price there is b/t used TJ tops and used LJ tops.

Yikes. You’re looking for a realllyyy good deal. I don’t think i’ve ever seen one for less than a grand. Lowest i’ve seen is $1000. TJ tops are always less than LJ tops, and by a substantial amount. That’s the con of owning an LJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d pay a grand for one but would always prefer less. If someone had a pristine one I would pay more but I’m not interested in spending 1500-1800 for something I may never use.

Still looking?

58479422-C551-47F8-9CF7-FC7ABF976D60.jpeg

67433A98-E0AA-4C06-9938-1D3428B8C4C2.jpeg

FD94D663-621F-477B-8014-37F28F00D2F9.jpeg

Dang, wish I was closer. Freight would be a bitch and sure as shit they would damage it.

Pure speculation but I'm guessing you would have the best luck finding one in the "north" as more hardtops were likely ordered here.

Much like I would need to go south or west to find an unsalted TJ.

Pure speculation but I'm guessing you would have the best luck finding one in the "north" as more hardtops were likely ordered here.

Much like I would need to go south or west to find an unsalted TJ.

I agree with your first point. TJ hard tops generally go for $300 to $400 around here. I've seen LJ tops go for the same but that's rare. Double the above is probably more realistic.

Regarding your second point, there are plenty of rust free cars up here. It really depends on how they were driven and taken care of. Most cars are driven with no long term plan of keeping them (not surprising) but a lot of them are babied from new. My XJ & MJ are good examples of that. They were never the previous owners' only vehicle and they survived nicely.

I agree with your first point. TJ hard tops generally go for $300 to $400 around here. I've seen LJ tops go for the same but that's rare. Double the above is probably more realistic.

Regarding your second point, there are plenty of rust free cars up here. It really depends on how they were driven and taken care of. Most cars are driven with no long term plan of keeping them (not surprising) but a lot of them are babied from new. My XJ & MJ are good examples of that. They were never the previous owners' only vehicle and they survived nicely.

I agree there are summer cars up here that don't see the salt.

But the second point refers to the "best luck" in the first line. Finding a salt free car where they don't use salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.