Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Impact Orange

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

tomtaylz

LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I think there’s a high chance of getting a black LJ and then getting it resprayed. They’re a lot more available than the unique colors and easier to repaint.

I’m debating towards these two colors because they’re unique and I really like both of them. Of course the impact orange is OEM and there might be some advantages to that. The Ferrari blue I imagine would be a close to that color finish.

It’ll probably come down to somewhat of a last minute decision. Step one I need to buy a LJ, I’m just curious on people’s opinions.

Similar LJs in those colors which I love both of these Jeeps:

9113A8EA-F5C9-437D-BA8E-6C7032D03DA7.jpeg
64EC7C0B-CB34-4529-8A7E-3634B9136797.jpeg

Ferrari Blue is OK, just a couple shades too light for my taste. I like Jeeps to look manly and that blue is just too soft for me. The Impact Orange is just sexy. It would achieve such a nice deep shine when polished/waxed.

Reactions: skrelnik
Between those two colors I would opt for the impact orange.

If given the chance to choose a deeper blue (respraying a black Jeep) I would lean towards Jeeps intense blue pearl which was discontinued prior to the LJ, or Audis nogaru blue or even Lexus spectra blue mica.

Reactions: mots and cliffish
As my favorite Jeep color is Red followed by the Solar Yellow I will said that the Impact orange is my pick.
LJ's start to become the high lite of the trails or mostly any Jeep event so i will suggest that if you go LJ direction visualize the body modifications (if any planned) previous to pic a color. Not all the LJ's looks good with body armor, rock rails and flat or high line fenders if no have the right color or accent color combination .

As my favorite Jeep color is Red followed by the Solar Yellow I will said that the Impact orange is my pick.
LJ's start to become the high lite of the trails or mostly any Jeep event so i will suggest that if you go LJ direction visualize the body modifications (if any planned) previous to pic a color. Not all the LJ's looks good with body armor, rock rails and flat or high line fenders if no have the right color or accent color combination .

I plan on keeping the look pretty stock I’d actually go a very similar path to how the IO one is pictured whichever color I pick.

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
I have impact orange an do like it....but it really needs some metallic added to it, I would love some sort of pearl added to the clear or in the paint itself. Darker blues look great on a jeep something like a lapis blue -from Porsche.
picture_php_pictureid_24623_de09b242cb5c57777d04605e142e3008ed2afb20.jpg

How bad do you really want to have it painted and how much will it cost? The TJ is painted outside as well as inside making a color change a significant job.

Reactions: mots
How bad do you really want to have it painted and how much will it cost? The TJ is painted inside and out so a full color change is a significant job.
That was my first thought too about that particular comment. The cost to do it right (OEM quality) will be very expensive (probably have to remove the tub I would assume). If you find one with paint in good condition, I would keep as original. Not worth the cost, effort and risk IMO.

How about Porsche mint green?

Not sure if it would look right on a Jeep though.

2f44691e2b9ab5a3d74f54b65bc1424d.jpg
397658.jpg

That does not even look right on a Porsche! Maybe on an older Karman Gia or Bug?

I always loved in on the older 911s. But, that being said, it probably would look odd on a Jeep. But hey, mate not. I see those brand new JLs in bright green and orange, so who knows.

How bad do you really want to have it painted and how much will it cost? The TJ is painted outside as well as inside making a color change a significant job.

The Jeep would be black so I would not touch painting the engine bay or interior as I don’t think it would look odd black. So, it would be exterior paint + hood + door jams.