LJ Rubicon for the cheap price of $49,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs an angry grill. Then it’d be worth every penny.

Add says the frame was taken down to bare metal but check out the oblong hole on the right of this picture.

1607180337508.png

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
I was preparing to give them the benefit of the doubt...maybe the bubbling is just thick paint spatter and it's in Cali so...? [And I have this Jeep, in it's bone stock form with 37K miles — so I like seeing people try to sell them for a lot as it theoretically makes mine worth more, lol.) But:

"1 owner vehicle with clean Carfax."

So you pull the CarFax and it's from Kansas, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey with 3 listed owners. So yeah, major BS.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
There are other signs of internal frame rust on that also. Another thing.... has anyone seen an exhaust pipe routed underneath the gas tank skid before? I would probably smash that thing flat the first time out.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Its certainly not in BAD shape. Looks like a 15-20k jeep to me.

I don't know why we're making fun of this jeep. It has lots of parts hyped by members of jeep forums, some of which are on our own jeeps. Its just priced too high for what it is.

I wouldn't worry about the price. The jeep is in San Jose and Hewlett Packard just announced its move from San Jose to Texas - one of many Silicon Valley companies fleeing the scene. The price should come down as those left behind run out of money.

I don't know why we're making fun of this jeep. It has lots of parts hyped by members of jeep forums, some of which are on our own jeeps. Its just priced too high for what it is.

I wouldn't worry about the price. The jeep is in San Jose and Hewlett Packard just announced its move from San Jose to Texas - one of many Silicon Valley companies fleeing the scene. The price should come down as those left behind run out of money.

I would agree — I think it's more about calling BS on the dealer and the price than the actual Jeep itself. It's kind of what I was envisioning when I bought my Khaki low-miler a year ago...I'd happily take this thing up to the TSF and wear off some tread tomorrow it it was mine, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.