Talk me off a ledge with this LJ Rubicon Sahara

I wonder the same, can a new frame be had ? I know someone was making selling CJ frames.

Being silly but the dealership selling is bosting a 6 month warranty, would that warranty cover the cost of a new frame? probably not but it might be a fun legal battel for someone into that sort of thing. Im just saying some of these dealers are selling these with known bad frames, there ought to be a law right, I mean the jeep is unsafe, right? ish.
https://throttledownkustoms.com/i-26373449-tj-wrangler-jeep-frame-1997-2002.html
https://throttledownkustoms.com/i-31626310-tj-wrangler-jeep-frame-2003-2006.html

I outlined my concerns that a frame patch would kill the value of the vehicle and the costs outlined to do a frame swap and offered $7500. Hard pass on their part. They were gonna maybe drop $1200 only. I’m guessing they paid way too much at auction for it. The search continues...

I outlined my concerns that a frame patch would kill the value of the vehicle and the costs outlined to do a frame swap and offered $7500. Hard pass on their part. They were gonna maybe drop $1200 only. I’m guessing they paid way too much at auction for it. The search continues...
Well they got screwed for sure. Who is going to buy that with that much frame rot.

Well they got screwed for sure. Who is going to buy that with that much frame rot.

They have a ton of people inquiring about it and quite a few from out of state. I bet they’ll find someone who puts down the cash and doesn’t do enough homework. I got some odd looks when I was hooking up a scanner, crawling around on the ground (before looking inside), and putting an inspection camera in frame holes. They’re gonna be pissed when they get it home and it won’t pass their state inspection due to the frame. I know for sure MD would fail it. Although maybe they’ll do the patch and the new owner won’t know anything until next year when the drivers side rots through.

They have a ton of people inquiring about it and quite a few from out of state. I bet they’ll find someone who puts down the cash and doesn’t do enough homework. I got some odd looks when I was hooking up a scanner, crawling around on the ground (before looking inside), and putting an inspection camera in frame holes. They’re gonna be pissed when they get it home and it won’t pass their state inspection due to the frame. I know for sure MD would fail it. Although maybe they’ll do the patch and the new owner won’t know anything until next year when the drivers side rots through.
That’s the thing all it takes is one look at the frame on that side and a hard pass. Can’t believe they missed that when they bought it at auction lol

let me kick this dead hourse one moe time " sorry animal activists for that comment, its a figure of speech, no actuall kicking will be happening"

See note from dealer below about this vary same rotted out LJRs.. some people ish.
1578757757831.png

Point being, I would personally never buy a thing from them.

Reactions: sideproject
let me kick this dead hourse one moe time " sorry animal activists for that comment, its a figure of speech, no actuall kicking will be happening"

See note from dealer below about this vary same rotted out LJRs.. some people ish.
View attachment 133697
Point being, I would personally never buy a thing from them.
When did you get that email? I pointed the frame rust out to them yesterday maybe 3pm and Fred was the same guy I was dealing with. They showed me the inspection ticket from VA and it failed for the off-road lights on the a-pillar is what it said. VA doesn’t do a very thorough inspection on ownership change evidently.

Just this morning, maybe 14 min ago.
I too was looking at this unit, I wanted to check It out if you passed, we proabably came across it about the same time but I saw you were enguaged and a heack of a lot closer.
Glad I didn't make the trip, thanks.

The scan tool I use is a BlueDriver. I've had very good results with it. I like that it syncs to phone and you can do real time graphing while driving and also will do lookups on trouble codes right in the app for you. Lots of positive reviews and has been perfect for a shade tree mechanic like myself. They go on sale from time to time (I bought another as an xmas present for $70 back in Dec).

The camera is a Ridgid CA25 that I borrowed from work. There are nicer ones out there with larger screens and the ability to record / take pics but this one suited my purpose just fine and the camera head fits in the frame openings. They stock them in Home Depot in the plumbing aisle typically.

I don't really have the time to play anymore today but check out this response just received...
View attachment 133711
So nor rust, to not much and reality is the frame is totally rusted through. Wow, good lesson learned for people that are trusting dealers and making a long trip. I get not all dealers do this but sure makes you think before traveling. Glad you did not make that trip.

So nor rust, to not much and reality is the frame is totally rusted through. Wow, good lesson learned for people that are trusting dealers and making a long trip. I get not all dealers do this but sure makes you think before traveling. Glad you did not make that trip.
Private sales can be the same, whether it is ignorance or outright lying. No substitute for a personnel inspection of some sort.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj

In the cliche "Nothing in life is certain except taxes and death", they forgot to include a sucker is born every minute.

I completely agree with you, some sucker will overpay for this and he will probably surface on this forum over the summer asking what to do.

In the cliche "Nothing in life is certain except taxes and death", they forgot to include a sucker is born every minute.

I completely agree with you, some sucker will overpay for this and he will probably surface on this forum over the summer asking what to do.
Hey I have a question about my new unlimited, the dealer said it had a few scratches and this is what showed up! Can you help me? Lol

83985737-1FD6-4A83-BB70-C426AB13CB51.jpeg