LJ Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price seems decent if rust free, looks to be free of rust. Can't tell the body/overall condition.

Agreed that the pics aren’t so good. The rust doesn’t look bad at all and seems to be surface only.

Also never like to see old pics in an ad, says DC....right. license plates don't look like DC, tough to confirm and no palm trees in DC. Might still be legit just rubs me the wrong g way when I see stuff like that with all the scams out there. Not saying bogus, just an observation.

I've seen that Jeep listed on FB for a few weeks now. Snooping on his FB it appears he is military. Wheeled it hard.
Imagine my pain and salt when I missed out on this this morning:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/692167658315761
I literally offered the guy $17000 in cash for the Jeep if he could just hold it for me for one day. But nooo, He insisted on selling to the 1st guy who contacted him for only $15.4k, albeit he used my offer to negotiate $500 more. Guy who was selling it was a Pilot in the Air Force. It was a $20,000 Jeep at least. IDK why anyone would have such thin skin to refuse a buyer and get $1600 more to just wait one more day until I can make the 8 hour drive. I literally told him to not sell the Jeep for less than $17,000.

Last edited:
IDK why anyone would have such thin skin to refuse a buyer and get $1600 more to just wait one more day until I can make the 8 hour drive. I literally told him to not sell the Jeep for less than $17,000.
I haven't sold a lot of stuff online (other than eBay), but cash in hand is king. If I had a dollar for everyone who said "I'll be there tomorrow", I'd have like $100. On my small stuff on Craigslist, it is ALWAYS first one here gets it. I guess I would be a little more tempted to wait a day for an extra $1500. But I'm not sure.

There will be more Jeeps, but that red one does look SUPER clean. No mileage listed and the RC lift is a bit of a negative.

Reactions: DeadStang
Imagine my pain and salt when I missed out on this this morning:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/692167658315761
I literally offered the guy $17000 in cash for the Jeep if he could just hold it for me for one day. But nooo, He insisted on selling to the 1st guy who contacted him for only $15.4k, albeit he used my offer to negotiate $500 more. Guy who was selling it was a Pilot in the Air Force. It was a $20,000 Jeep at least. IDK why anyone would have such thin skin to refuse a buyer and get $1600 more to just wait one more day until I can make the 8 hour drive. I literally told him to not sell the Jeep for less than $17,000.
That’s how I got my Jeep. Guy had it listed for 10k. Had guys offering him 11-12k but since I was closest he sold it to me for the listed price. Easily a 15k Jeep at only 53k miles. Some people just don’t need the money and want it off their plate.

My TJR was put on FB on Mother's Day. I got the alert and PMd them immediately. Went early the next morning. The guy knocked $1k off and gave me all kinds of extra parts. I was prepared to pay full price and he could have sold for $3k more than I paid. It was a weekend cruiser for him so he didn't know what he had.

Nightmare, that picture of the red one shows 78k on the odometer. Someone got a deal.

On the OP, that one has been listed for months already, and posted to this forum probably 5+ times now. I came across it during my search and had pretty much no interest.

Also never like to see old pics in an ad, says DC....right. license plates don't look like DC, tough to confirm and no palm trees in DC. Might still be legit just rubs me the wrong g way when I see stuff like that with all the scams out there. Not saying bogus, just an observation.

The plates on it are Washington state plates.
20190103_070906.jpg

I'd swear I stopped and looked at that Jeep when it was NEW and sitting on a Jeep dealers lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.