Load range 'C' vs Load Range 'E' (my thoughts)

CodaMan

California Escapee
Supporting Member
This is more of a comment than a discussion, so for anyone that says there is no real riding difference between load range 'C' and 'E' tires ... YOU CRAZY!!!

I just swapped to load range 'C' tires and I'm riding on a pillow now, a Jeep pillow but still a pillow :)

Edit: I went from 'E' KO2s to 'E' M/Ts to 'C' KO2s. There was some stiffness difference from the 'E' KO2s to the 'E' M/Ts, but the 'C' KO2s are a huge difference, so I would say the major difference in the ride is the 'C' rating.

Last edited:
E rated tires are usually heavier due to the stronger carcass of the tire. They will also be more reactive to steering input, and road disturbances.

For the record, I went from 'E' KO2s to 'E' M/Ts to 'C' KO2s. There was some stiffness difference from the 'E' KO2s to the 'E' M/Ts, but the 'C' KO2s are a huge difference, so I would say the major difference in the ride is the 'C' rating.

Last edited:
My load range C Patagonias were no softer than the previous load range E Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx. My current load range C MTRk's are noticably softer and nicer riding than any tire I've had on the Jeep.

That means I'm both crazy and not crazy.

My MTR Kevlar ride pretty good for a 35 inch load range C tire, but I run them at 20 psi to do so. Any more and it will shake the teeth out of your head over bumps.

Reactions: CodaMan
My load range C Patagonias were no softer than the previous load range E Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx. My current load range C MTRk's are noticably softer and nicer riding than any tire I've had on the Jeep.

That means I'm both crazy and not crazy.
The key word here is “Patagonia”. No surprise there. MTRKs are a nice tire. I ran 33x12.5 for a few years as a DD. Eventually they will behave like every other m/t and start to get loud, but I think the hybrid tread pattern definitely helps.