Local off-road park, NZ - lots of angle

JoshNZ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Was back at the local off-road park this weekend.
There is a LOT of water and mud, so whilst trying to avoid it, found a few new areas and challenges.

A couple of photos and vids.
Yes, probably should’ve paid more attention to that downhill drop...
And yep, probably could’ve got up that washout, but the bank was pushing my doors and didn’t want to smash the window!

Also, the avoiding mud didn’t work, so we came back via the beach and spent some time cleaning off in the river, saved hours of cleaning back home!!

Lastly, check out the winch truck behind me. Nissan GU chassis, Nissan RB25DET engine, YJ grill, and custom everything else. They run a huge winch in the back and feed the rope through the chassis out the front. To be honest he looked bored most of the day, definitely over built for this park!

9238FD29-CD83-4224-9516-1948180A9C1C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
Nice.

Why didn’t you disconnect your sway bars?

Nice.

Why didn’t you disconnect your sway bars?
Because I forgot my little contraptions to keep them out of the way 😒

No sway bar on the back, although I do wonder if my trackbar limits travel as it’s not well aligned at the moment

YO
Because I forgot my little contraptions to keep them out of the way 😒

No sway bar on the back, although I do wonder if my trackbar limits travel as it’s not well aligned at the moment

You could cycle the suspension to find out what your limiting factor is in the rear.

I will, just need to wait for summer as I don’t have the luxury of a garage at the moment, and not enough daylight after work to be productive!

It looks good when crossed up, and the bump stops are limiting up travel, but not sure how much droop on losing.

RHD rear track bars are quite different to LHD ones, and no good brackets to properly correct angles after adding a SYE and rotating the axle up. I’ll just remake the axle end bracket (eventually) to solve that.