Locking consoles

Got it thanks!

So, I got the console out ok but the inner boot I got for the shifter housing is way different! I attached a pic but every thread or part number that I found for this part is round were mine is rectangular which makes me question what kind of Tranny do i have? My Jeep is a 2000 Wrangler Sport I believe (It doesn't say sport on the jeep or the title) How can I find out what type of transmission I have?
Thanks in advance!

Jeep Boot.jpg

So, I got the console out ok but the inner boot I got for the shifter housing is way different! I attached a pic but every thread or part number that I found for this part is round were mine is rectangular which makes me question what kind of Tranny do i have? My Jeep is a 2000 Wrangler Sport I believe (It doesn't say sport on the jeep or the title) How can I find out what type of transmission I have?
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 352854

That circular boot is not really a boot but a small dust cover that goes on the 99 and prior AX15. There should be a part sold that matches what you need. And then If I recall, there should be an inner boot that covers the floor gap, and then a final boot on the console making it look pretty.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 352854

Did some quick research. Yes, that boot in your pic is for the factory 2000+ NV3550. It seals the stick to the trans. You can see it in post 1 here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nv3550-shift-tower-dust-boot-yet-another-example.5082/

Then to cover the circular hole in the tub cover plate (to keep out heat) you need 52078970AC

Then the final outer boot and trim ring part numbers are 52078558 and 53000056.

Did some quick research. Yes, that boot in your pic is for the factory 2000+ NV3550. It seals the stick to the trans. You can see it in post 1 here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nv3550-shift-tower-dust-boot-yet-another-example.5082/

Then to cover the circular hole in the tub cover plate (to keep out heat) you need 52078970AC

Then the final outer boot and trim ring part numbers are 52078558 and 53000056.

Thanks
! yea I got all the boot covers together and everything else was fine, Just thought that NV3550 was a newer model number. This is my first jeep lol! lots to learn! Thanks again

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 352854

Yes that stupid little circular one is what came from Rock Auto. I need the bigger one as well, hate the heat coming up thru the shifter!!