Locking storage compartment options

You'd have to find one used, it fills the space pretty well but wasn't too popular. It is fully enclosed.

View attachment 182857

Thats not like mine. Mine is flush on top, has fabric covering it, and no locks. Also mine looks a little bigger. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Mine screws to the tub on the sides. The lid on top has two sliding lock bolts inside. I guess so you can load from top and via tailgate. Idk. Never used the top. I just access it via the tailgate.

Sorry to hear they are not made. Glad my PO put it in. Its a very functional trunk. In wasted area really.

So I ended up going with the Tuffy under seat for 03-06 w/ flip seat for now:
IMG_2046.jpeg

It does stick out quite a bit with the seat all the way back which is how I normally have it.
IMG_2047.jpeg

If I remember to pull the seat forward after I get out it will help to conceal it better
yfJiA0NpQwKEu7mnIPR+cQ.jpg

And it does (barely) fit my full size M&P 9MM:
1ElFYRIxRrulSuf3isbU1w.jpg

IMG_2048.jpeg

So I ended up going with the Tuffy under seat for 03-06 w/ flip seat for now:
View attachment 183492

It does stick out quite a bit with the seat all the way back which is how I normally have it.
View attachment 183493

If I remember to pull the seat forward after I get out it will help to conceal it better
View attachment 183496

And it does (barely) fit my full size M&P 9MM:
View attachment 183497

View attachment 183495

Is it sturdy enough that you'd feel comfortable to leave your pistol in there while being away from the jeep for a bit?

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Is it sturdy enough that you'd feel comfortable to leave your pistol in there while being away from the jeep for a bit?
The box itself is sturdy, and it feels solid when mounting, but I would not leave a pistol in it. I have no reason to leave a pistol in it, if I'm carrying, then I'm carrying. If not it stays home. This will mainly be used for registration docs, wheel lock, the FRS radio I keep for club rides, and maybe a wallet at times.

Reactions: Blondie70
The box itself is sturdy, and it feels solid when mounting, but I would not leave a pistol in it. I have no reason to leave a pistol in it, if I'm carrying, then I'm carrying. If not it stays home. This will mainly be used for registration docs, wheel lock, the FRS radio I keep for club rides, and maybe a wallet at times.
Sure but there could be times you had not anticipated when you find the need to store the pistol.

Mine's in full view all the time. I've left my Jeep in pretty awful places and nobody has touched the drawer or rear lock box. It is possible thieves that know what it's for might be concerned what I'd have on me when I find them rooting through my Jeep. Who knows, it just hasn't been an issue for me.

When I looked at this as a solution in the past I balked at ordering one thinking it would be too deep to fully seat in the switch blank. We’re you able to get it in there?
I didn't buy one as of yet. It's on my amazon wishlist but I can't justify spending $150 on a garage door switch

Does anyone have a box under the passenger seat, Tuffy says there's mounts under the driver side?

I just bought the Bestop locking box for under the driver's side non-flip seat. I didn't see it mentioned in this thread. Hopefully it's big enough for a Glock, a magazine or two, maybe a winch remote, wallet, cell, etc.
Edit: Showed up today. Surprisingly heavy duty. Sliders. Plenty big enough to hold a 9 mm.

KIMG0467.JPG

KIMG0468.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: skrelnik
I went with a Tuffy kit. 5 pcs in total, 2 side boxes, center console, glove box and a under seat drawer.

IMG_2376_zpswmklfslx.jpg

IMG_2377_zpsyuvjsbml.jpg

Love the rear under seat drawer. 3" deep and fits a lot of stuff

The center console is plenty big enough for my P220 and the wife's S&W 9mm and have room for GPS, iPad, etc. And enough room for a tri band radio and CB:

IMG_1158_zpsd2pqcf1t.jpg

IMG_1165_zps40kbazfo.jpg

IMG_2280_zpsyclnkux1.jpg

IMG_6694.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: skrelnik and Daron
I bought this one to store my glock 40 when I’m out in the desert and dont want to carry, it comes with a cable that slips off when the lid is open. Instead I threw the cable away positioned under my seat, drilled a couple holes through the floor and used carriage bolts to fasten it to the Jeep.
2AF03E29-75BA-4E43-B10E-1FF4A03A260B.jpeg

since putting on the rmr I need to take the slide off, but with the seat up its easy to get at and when it down the box is concealed. This is just for safe storage at not accessible to grab from the drivers seat Like the drawer but it’s well hidden from view.
C051986D-3A8D-4C8C-94FE-DBC0B72F2326.jpeg
A78D8EA2-5473-4711-859D-692B0B8943A3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: skrelnik
I went with a Tuffy kit. 5 pcs in total, 2 side boxes, center console, glove box and a under seat drawer.

View attachment 203333

View attachment 203334

Love the rear under seat drawer. 3" deep and fits a lot of stuff

The center console is plenty big enough for my P220 and the wife's S&W 9mm and have room for GPS, iPad, etc. And enough room for a tri band radio and CB:

View attachment 203336

View attachment 203337

View attachment 203338

View attachment 203342
That drawer is slick.

Reactions: Daron and WSS