Locking storage compartment options

I have the Tuffy glovebox, console and underseat drawer in my 06 TJ. I ordered the drawer for the 97-02 non-flip seats since thats seats I have in mine. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy either of the products again.
You got it all! I think I will start out with the Tuffy under seat drawer for now, then look to the glovebox if I need more room. Thanks

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the Tuffy products. Good stuff and made in Colorado. I have the under drawer for flip-seat, fits my 9mm just fine.

Reactions: Axeman
I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the Tuffy products. Good stuff and made in Colorado. I have the under drawer for flip-seat, fits my 9mm just fine.
Cool. Is it a full size 9? or a compact? I read in the reviews a lot of full size models don't fit

I bought it to hold my SW mp shield 9mm, fits a spare mag also. I put a thin piece of foam in it too.
My 1911 doesn't fit in it..

Reactions: Blondie70
I bought it to hold my SW mp shield 9mm, fits a spare mag also. I put a thin piece of foam in it too.
My 1911 doesn't fit in it..
Okay, I am thinking about getting a Shield anyway. I have the full size M&P 9 for EDC, but it can be a little uncomfortable at times with the IWB holster.

Reactions: Blondie70
It was on eBay. Salvaged out of an unknown car. There were several available in various colors when I bought it about 2 years ago. It is a home link brand remote. It must have been from a somewhat older vehicle. Garage door opener security technology was updated at some point. It worked perfect with my older garage door opener (2003) but required "bridge" to work on my newer Chamberlain (2016).

I just found this on amazon : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NYF667/?tag=wranglerorg-20

A little pricey but I think it will fit right in the TJ blanks. It comes with a 10 year battery in it, or can be hardwired.
Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.08.13 AM.png

I've been doing the same looking and I my Jeep is used very much like yours, vast majority of the time doors and windows off but parked in the garage when not used. I measured my winch remote and it won't even fit in the tuffy box for flip seat. I keep my registration in the glove box and lock it (lots of good that will do right). I did buy and install this garage door opener. It is very hard to notice it is there. I powered it with ignition-on power so if I do leave it in the driveway it cant be used to open the garage.

View attachment 182407View attachment 182406
I did the same with mine. Bought mine from amazon. It is a home link unit. FYI..the bezel does get brittle. Mine broke when I tried to remove it to repaint the interior. 12volt has them for 10.00. Mine is mounted left of the wheel.

I've managed to cramp both mine and my wife's M&P Shield with mags in the drawer.
That has to be the non-flip seat version. The largest I can fit in mine is a Glock 19 and that’s turned at the perfect angle.

I've got both the Tuffy security glove box and the Tuffy security trunk. And I love both. If I had to choose I'd pick the trunk. Just cause I don't remove my back seat. Or need the extra room. Although it provides alot of room for stuff in your "trunk".

I've got both the Tuffy security glove box and the Tuffy security trunk. And I love both. If I had to choose I'd pick the trunk. Just cause I don't remove my back seat. Or need the extra room. Although it provides alot of room for stuff in your "trunk".
Do you have a picture of the Tuffy Trunk? is it like the instatrunk? I have only found the large sliding drawers for when the seat is removed...

Do you have a picture of the Tuffy Trunk? is it like the instatrunk? I have only found the large sliding drawers for when the seat is removed...

It's kind of like this.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/product/491/standard-enclosure-jeep-wrangler-tj-1997-2006
But different. Maybe they don't make it anymore. But mine has the same hinged top. With the trunk locked it creates a trunk behind your backseat. It's holds all my tools and things I wouldn't want to leave in my Jeep unlocked.