Locks for doors

john arata

I purchased locks for my hard doors they screw in the the bottom of hinge ,will they work on the soft half doors or is there something else i can use to lock the soft half doors they are so easy to steal

Interesting, my hard doors came with locks from the factory.

I don't know why the these wouldn't work on the half doors.

Well i put them on work great on the hard door my question is are the hard doors threaded into the hinge all the way down because the half doors arent thats why im wondering if it will work

Threaded into the hinge? The hard doors aren't threaded into the door hinges at all.

how about this

s-l500 (2).jpg

I'm not fully sure I understand the question. No doors should be threaded into the hinge. They slide in and then have a bolt on the bottom of each hinge post that screws on to hold them in.

I understand but the soft half doors have no threading on the part you slide in so there is nothing to attach a nut to

I understand but the soft half doors have no threading on the part you slide in so there is nothing to attach a nut to

No nut is needed with them. They have so little weight to them that you don't need to worry about them falling off.

If you want to put a but on them you just need a tap and dye kit so you can tread the end. Make sense?

yes it does thanks i guess thats the reason i got the lock for the doors the half door is so easy to steal just pop it out they dont have a nut holding them so people cant just lift it up and out down Thanks Chris hate to be a pain

yes it does thanks i guess thats the reason i got the lock for the doors the half door is so easy to steal just pop it out they dont have a nut holding them so people cant just lift it up and out down Thanks Chris hate to be a pain

Not a pain at all. I know what you mean now, and if it was me I would just take the tap and dye kit and thread the end of the rods so that you can put nuts on them. That should be enough to deter anyone I would think.

If your half doors do not have a threaded portion at the base of the door pin then I would suggest that they either broke off or were cut off. If you want they can be replaced with new pins very easily.