Lolo pass run, Father's day

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Wife took me on a run on the Lolo Pass road NE of Mt. Hood for Father's day. Weather was great!

Mt. Hood from the north side:
20190616_154430.jpg

20190616_154235.jpg

Creek running out of the Bull Run:

20190616_171611.jpg

20190616_171518.jpg

20190616_165639.jpg

She drove the whole day, so I could gawk at the sights.

We also spent an hour or so on a power line road. Her first experience on a more technical trail where a spotter was required. Her response? Ohhh! This is fun!

Next up for her, air down, disconnect and do a little mild rock crawling in the basalt fields. She loves it, but I may need to budget for new tires a year early. Basalt is hell on tires.

Last edited:
Wife took me on a run on the Lolo Pass road NE of Mt. Hood for Father's day. Weather was great!

Mt. Hood from the north side:
View attachment 99817

View attachment 99819

Creek running out of the Bull Run:

View attachment 99820

View attachment 99821

View attachment 99829

She drove the whole day, so I could gawk at the sights.

We also spent an hour or so on a power line road. Her first experience on a more technical trail where a spotter was required. Her response? Ohhh! This is fun!

Next up for her, air down, disconnect and do a little mild rock crawling in the basalt fields. She loves it, but I may need to budget for new tires a year early. Basalt is hell on tires.

Great photos. I was up there hiking on saturday as well :) Beautiful all over.

Have you been to the Jonsrud viewpoint in Sandy?

We have a Lolo Pass here too on the MT/ID border right down the road from me. Must be a NW thing.

Reactions: StG58
There were a ton of JK/U's out on Lolo pass. Saw one or two other TJ's and that was it.

What was up with Bennett Pass?
Yeah, sadly the TJs are becoming a rare breed around these parts.

Got turned around by sketchy snow banks on exposed slopes a few times. A couple would've been winchable, but my buddy who was with me doesn't have one yet, so we just turned around.

Yeah, sadly the TJs are becoming a rare breed around these parts.

Got turned around by sketchy snow banks on exposed slopes a few times. A couple would've been winchable, but my buddy who was with me doesn't have one yet, so we just turned around.
Sound decision. The snow is nothing to trifle with this time of year.

Reactions: ElectricWizard
Looks like you might have gone in backwards on that one.

I've got a story about the brother-in-law, a CJ5 and a two hour tour I'll share some time. We spent the night out.
Yep. I lost momentum, tried to back up, worked for a sec, and then slid down into the trench. Was easy to winch out and flip around, but then I had to go through it all over again ;).

Already sounds like a good story!