Lonewolf's 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Reactions: Lonewolf
You might have to source a different track bar bracket too, looks like an E-locker in it, what gear ratio is in it?

Yea I’m trying to decide What track bar set up and steering to go with, he gave me the track bar and had used a aftermarket frame mount and then had crossover steering. I’m still weighing the pros and cons of going that direction.

It has a Eaton E locker with a fresh set of 5.38 gears, it also has ball joint deletes and the other big selling point is the RCV axles, he installed the 30 spline inner and outters

I started pulling stuff apart in A effort to make the axle lighter to move around and check everything out. The gears looked good, the axle shafts looked newer as there wasn’t any surface rust and the unit bearings looked almost new.
3959C582-F360-4157-8581-7496C3606831.jpeg

1820E996-C270-4442-9440-78ABFFB111ED.jpeg

F111BB08-A117-4C2E-B614-D771CF177F43.jpeg

I’m leaning toward running the hi steer crossover setup it has now unless someone says its definitely a stupid idea then I’ll swap in some stock knuckles and run the Currie setup I have now

I'd try it out just to see how you like it and if it works. Like you said you could swap in some stock knuckles and run Currie steering if it's a complete fail.

Well after staring at the axle for awhile I decided to cut off the track bar bracket and go to a stock style bracket along with a set of stock knuckles. The high steer setup was nice but it looks like I would have to run wheel spacers or bigger wheels along with it interfering with the sway bar and also would have to cut off the track bar frame mount. I decided instead of trying to get that geometry correct and not end up with death wobble I’ll just cut one more thing off the axle and keep it simple

C5F227EC-DE79-4FE5-A41E-301317FEDA8D.jpeg

Well after staring at the axle for awhile I decided to cut off the track bar bracket and go to a stock style bracket along with a set of stock knuckles. The high steer setup was nice but it looks like I would have to run wheel spacers or bigger wheels along with it interfering with the sway bar and also would have to cut off the track bar frame mount. I decided instead of trying to get that geometry correct and not end up with death wobble I’ll just cut one more thing off the axle and keep it simple

View attachment 380350

I think that’s the way to go with it, but I would probably 3-link it since you’ve done all that bracket removal. GenRight had the unwelded frame side for $134.00 on sale.

We made it to the 18 mile marker, it was pretty deep at that point so we didn’t want to risk getting super buried because we didn’t see anyone else up there

So almost to Silver Fork Rd. I’ll bet there’s lots of snow play areas in the CalDor burn scar.