Long Arm Lifts vs. Short Arm Lifts

It works, just light in front when climbing really steep stuff.

Resized_2(3).jpg

received_576170249999584.jpeg

20200202_131217.jpg

Reactions: Nick21 and Chris
Let's keep things a little simple. The moment we start extending the wheelbase, we are in a whole different type of build.

Moving mounts is the correct approach. What happens if you were to flatten the arms? What happens if you make them more parallel to each other?
I'm sorry I'm bringing this up again and I'm sorry if this was answered already. How does the Tj unlimited's longer wheelbase effect everything. Does it change enough that the savvy kit has different mounting points?

I'm sorry I'm bringing this up again and I'm sorry if this was answered already. How does the Tj unlimited's longer wheelbase effect everything. Does it change enough that the savvy kit has different mounting points?

The TJ kit and the LJ kit are different. The LJ rear arms are about 1.25" longer than the TJ arms.
20201212_124856.jpg

Reactions: Wildman and gaabbee
So does @Wildman does your nth seem to have a design problem causing it to go light when on steep climbs or was it a different lift?

I don't really know. The kit I had used a universal bracket for the HP60 rear axle and I always felt this might have been part of the problem. But I've never wheeled with anyone else who had a Nth Degree kit to answer that fully. I'd like to see a kit on stock axles and coil springs and see how it reacted on steep climbs.

1607828982297.png

I've known a few people with the Nth rear stinger kit. It had a LOT of antisquat it looked like. A buddy broke stuff a few times hopping around. He now has a custom 3/4-link.

Reactions: Wildman
I've known a few people with the Nth rear stinger kit. It had a LOT of antisquat it looked like. A buddy broke stuff a few times hopping around. He now has a custom 3/4-link.

That would be my experiance with it and WHY I'm swapping it out.

So does @Wildman does your nth seem to have a design problem causing it to go light when on steep climbs or was it a different lift?
I don't really know. The kit I had used a universal bracket for the HP60 rear axle and I always felt this might have been part of the problem. But I've never wheeled with anyone else who had a Nth Degree kit to answer that fully. I'd like to see a kit on stock axles and coil springs and see how it reacted on steep climbs.

View attachment 209927
The popping problem may have been from the universal kit but the geometry is still the same. I think is has more to with the instant center being at the back of the transfer case. So this gives you high antisquat and since the instant is well behind the center of gravity I can only imagine what is going on when you point the nose in the air. The idea of a torque arm works well in many applications like Camaros, Mustangs and even Jeeps while on the street, as it reduces torque roll, and can really plant the rear axle in straitline acceleration. We just do not operate on the street or strip is all.

Reactions: Wildman
Here is a possibly sensitive subject, and I don't mean to try to rip off people's IP, but are the basic design specs of the Savvy mid arm in the public domain? Caveat, I haven't tried to really search.

Reason I ask is because I am living in Canada and due to the dollar, steep duties, ridiculous brokerage fees from FedEx, etc, the cost of the lift becomes unattractive compared to say TMR which is down the street and offers tons of brackets, parts to design your own 3/4 link system. Would it be doable to mimic the mid-arm design parameters to get equivalent performance?

Here is a possibly sensitive subject, and I don't mean to try to rip off people's IP, but are the basic design specs of the Savvy mid arm in the public domain? Caveat, I haven't tried to really search.

Reason I ask is because I am living in Canada and due to the dollar, steep duties, ridiculous brokerage fees from FedEx, etc, the cost of the lift becomes unattractive compared to say TMR which is down the street and offers tons of brackets, parts to design your own 3/4 link system. Would it be doable to mimic the mid-arm design parameters to get equivalent performance?
If your google fu is good there is enough info available to get a basic lay of the land.

Reactions: TJosh02