Long Island TJ (man do I miss the Wrangler)

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Finally got back in a Wrangler with 2000 TJ6.

No stranger to Wranglers.. had an '08 & '11 JK. Now a TJ. Has a WJ in between. We have two additional Jeeps in the family as well. The '11 JK had the better part of the Poison Spider catalog hanging on it, and for as much as I know and love the JK, there are five at every traffic light and four of them are driven by soccer moms with the windows rolled up and the AC on.

Living on Long Island it's a bear to find anything clean, but came across this... 59k miles, 5 spd, Previous owner was a master mechanic at LI's biggest east end dealership. No hack job mods that I can find.

IMG_2036.JPG

Finding something unmolested is as hard as finding something with little to no rust and I've found both.. and for that, I am sure I overpaid, but I have a great platform to work with.

Mods are limited, and for now I am keeping it that way.
  • Rough Country 2.5
  • ProComp 69's in 15x10
  • Falken Wildpeak AT3w 33x12.5
  • LED lights front, rear and below
  • Uprated tire carrier
  • 2-45 AC
.. and that's it.

Frame is outstanding. There is a single spot of rust on the passenger side front fender. I have the obligatory water leak in the passenger foot well which I tend to shortly. The soft top is an aftermarket replacement and needs to be replaced (it's in good shape but fits like a garbage bag and flaps insanely unless all the windows are down). Absolutely needs half doors, OBA and a few small things before winter comes.

No plans to go over the top on this (I know.. famous last words). We have miles of drivable beach on LI and mods will be limited to what's needed to get out on the sand.

Finally got back in a Wrangler with 2000 TJ6.

No stranger to Wranglers.. had an '08 & '11 JK. Now a TJ. Has a WJ in between. We have two additional Jeeps in the family as well. The '11 JK had the better part of the Poison Spider catalog hanging on it, and for as much as I know and love the JK, there are five at every traffic light and four of them are driven by soccer moms with the windows rolled up and the AC on.

Living on Long Island it's a bear to find anything clean, but came across this... 59k miles, 5 spd, Previous owner was a master mechanic at LI's biggest east end dealership. No hack job mods that I can find.

View attachment 266138

Finding something unmolested is as hard as finding something with little to no rust and I've found both.. and for that, I am sure I overpaid, but I have a great platform to work with.

Mods are limited, and for now I am keeping it that way.
  • Rough Country 2.5
  • ProComp 69's in 15x10
  • Falken Wildpeak AT3w 33x12.5
  • LED lights front, rear and below
  • Uprated tire carrier
  • 2-45 AC
.. and that's it.

Frame is outstanding. There is a single spot of rust on the passenger side front fender. I have the obligatory water leak in the passenger foot well which I tend to shortly. The soft top is an aftermarket replacement and needs to be replaced (it's in good shape but fits like a garbage bag and flaps insanely unless all the windows are down). Absolutely needs half doors, OBA and a few small things before winter comes.

No plans to go over the top on this (I know.. famous last words). We have miles of drivable beach on LI and mods will be limited to what's needed to get out on the sand.
Definitely looks like a score for your area! :love: