Long time lurker and Wrangler owner, but new to this forum.

Mike Gibbs

Supporting Member
Hello from Friendswood, TX. Currently own a '97 TJ, '12 JK & '88 CJ. Finally decided to join yall's group mainly due to some of the funniest posts I have ever read about JK's and the owners. By far, my TJ is my favorite, but I have a jeep addiction. So, I also drive one of those dreaded JK's. Thanks for having me. Hopefully, I can be of some help to y'all as y'all were to me.

I think the saying around here is, "It's not the JKs themselves, it's the owners.". Or as I like to call most of them (not all, just most), "would be Hummer H2 / H3 owners".

I have no hatred towards the JK at all. I just can't stand how most of the ones you see look like they belong on an episode of MTV's Pimp My Ride.

Welcome to the forum though. You've got a nice stable there, I'd love to see photos of all your Wranglers together.

Reactions: Mike Gibbs and Tj04
I think the saying around here is, "It's not the JKs themselves, it's the owners.". Or as I like to call most of them (not all, just most), "would be Hummer H2 / H3 owners".

I have no hatred towards the JK at all. I just can't stand how most of the ones you see look like they belong on an episode of MTV's Pimp My Ride.

Welcome to the forum though. You've got a nice stable there, I'd love to see photos of all your Wranglers together.

Agreed. EXCEPT: to me the creature comforts of a Jk make me... sad. Much of the owners are either soccer moms or ex hummer owners. I was just commenting on the fact he insulted his own JK!

i wish I had a CJ TJ and JK! Your just missing a YJ!

Reactions: Mike Gibbs
Oh I'm not butt hurt in any way. In fact, I completely agree! Most JK owners do not have a clue on what it is like to drive a real jeep. Grant it, I have a couple lights, bought my JK with the snorkel (came in handy during Harvey) but I really think it is a better air intake than stock. All that aside, what JK folks I've been seeing with all these appearance mods, you'd have to re gear before you could drive it off the lot. I traded my '71 351 Boss Clone for my TJ. Most say "stupid move". Not really! Considering all I did with my Mustang was show it off on Saturday night. Then it sat in the garage all week. I've done nothing but have a blast, wheel when I can, research and concentrate on performance mods before the luxuries. You and I both know, TJ's are fun but always need wrenching on. Bought the JK purely for long trips, pulling the boat and having more than one passenger ride with me. My CJ was a lost and forgotten field find. Unfortunately, she is in to bad of shape to restore. So, I decided to convert her in to a Jeep trailer/camping rig. Anyway, keep doin' what y'all are doin'. Nice to see there are people on the same page as I am....G

Reactions: Chris, JMT and Tj04
the stock Jk air intake is a joke. My dad totaled his JKU in the same mud pit I drove through (fixed under warranty. Somehow.) Hydrolocked engine. He made less of a splash than me. It was seriously pathetic. I'm not a big snorkel guy, but if I get a jk it will have a snorkel. That minivan engine needs it.

And I don't think trading a mustang for a TJ is a stupid move if you are happy. My favorite vehicle since I was a kid is a TJ. I'd trade any vehicle for a TJ and wouldn't second guess it once.

Last edited:
CJ/YJ/TJ/JK in my Jeep past. They all have their strong and weak points. No Jeep has the driveability or comfort of the JK on the highway, I'll give them that. Nothing I ever took on with my 07 Rubicon stopped it, either. But nothing beats a TJ.

Welcome!