Long time reader, first time poster

Lucky

Just a quickie to get on the 'books'

So I decided I would 'publish' some of my work so far. Nothing fancy, just dependable and durable. Once it is trail worthy again I am more then willing to break it. I bought my Jeep while I was still in the service. 2000 Tj Sahara 4.0 auto. Started doing the normal stuff rims and tires mostly while I was deployed. Came home on leave and put it thru its paces more then once. Racked up well over 140k in almost 15 years between myself on leave and my brother moving it around his driveway. Then came the time I was home and began daily driving it. Lost one cylinder, rebuilt it in the Jeep, total cost of 40 bucks drove it for a few thousand more miles and lost another cylinder. I decided it was time to get rid of the powertrain all together and build it how I want. 4.8 Ls motor (twin turbos in time), 4l60e. Its sitting on 38's, for now. Custom 4 link, custom frame mods at the rear wheel areas. Dual battery setup, custom computer, custom harness. Currently I have the transfer case at my office building it. More later oh yeah PICS!!!

Jeep factory 1.jpg

Jeep factory 2.jpg

Jeep factory 3.jpg

Jeep drivers side welded in 0917.jpg

tj drivers side body shot 1219.jpg

Jeep open top.jpg

38’s? Is that a mistype?

welcome to the public forum. You should’ve stayed in the shadows! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky
38s? I don't see 38s. Or are these older photos before the 38s? You must have stretched the wheelbase to properly put a 38 on there ;)

Anyways, welcome to the forum. I always love an LS swapped TJ! Looks like you've been busy with this one.

38s? I don't see 38s. Or are these older photos before the 38s? You must have stretched the wheelbase to properly put a 38 on there ;)

Anyways, welcome to the forum. I always love an LS swapped TJ! Looks like you've been busy with this one.
Thank you for the welcome. As I said it was a quickie 'hello' type of situation, lol. I think 35's were on it when I got it, and you are correct, there is a mod, I think I made a 2" body lift to accomodate the transmission under the body thus allowing 38's to slip in. I as of yet havent figured out if the fuel tank will fit because of the rear end being moved back a smudge to clear the rubber on the body on the front side.

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the forum...nice bit of welding there.
Glad you got rid of the flag pole coming out of your roof on the first pic....that has to make going under bridges much easier 😁 (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky and A. Paul
Welcome to the forum...nice bit of welding there.
Glad you got rid of the flag pole coming out of your roof on the first pic....that has to make going under bridges much easier 😁 (y)
Thank you for the welcome and I appreciate the welding compliment as well.

Yeah it was kinda nasty, flippin up and having to explain that to the cops, but at least i didn't spill my beer!!!! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ