Longer replacement spare tire "snubbers" or rubber tailgate bumpers?

My ace didn’t have much of a selection and Home Depot only had the 110mm. Even on McMaster the longest I could find was 120mm. But I didn’t try calling. I appreciate it I will give them a call tomorrow
They are way more helpful than I ever imagined.

Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone ever had trouble finding bolts long enough becuase the tire/carrier were too far away from the body. Longest bolts I could find anywhere were 110mm. Only solution I could think of so far was a connector + threaded rod or a standoff.

Have the Hyline bumper with tire carrier installed.

View attachment 332484
Snubbers are mainly needed when the spare is mounted on the rear tailgate to prevent rattling that can weaken the gate. You have a bumper mounted carrier so snubbing it up against the gate is not necessary. I definitely wouldn’t want to run a bolt or spacers that long.

Snubbers are mainly needed when the spare is mounted on the rear tailgate to prevent rattling that can weaken the gate. You have a bumper mounted carrier so snubbing it up against the gate is not necessary. I definitely wouldn’t want to run a bolt or spacers that long.
So the Hyline bumper/tire carrier isn’t like a traditional swing out carrier that attaches at the swing point and again with a latch.

It doesn’t have a latch and attaches to the tailgate via a rod and opens simultaneously with the gate. With only these points it’s gonna have movement while driving.

Hyline has a solution for it and it’s a plastic block that helps hold the carrier in place but because my tailgate hinges aren’t stock it won’t work for me. So my solution was to put a bit of tension on the tire/carrier to prevent movement

12B66211-4EA3-4F41-A6F8-08E8EF20FC20.png

Haven't seen my solution posted here. I purchased 5 rubber mallets from Harbor Freight.
View attachment 78247

View attachment 78249

Drilled holes the length of the hammer head with extended length drill bit and then used a 1/2" wood bit to drill about an inch deep. Purchased longer bolts from Lowes and added washers under the bolt head to provide better base for tension. Mounted 33" tires - MT Baja MTZ and BJG KOs perfectly.
View attachment 78254
Driver's Lower

View attachment 78255
Passenger Top

Cut off handles and turned to inside so you can't see the wood in the head. Installed over 10+ years ago. These things are bullet proof.

Edit: The 5th hammer? It's the one I am holding in my hand. They are cheap and needed one for the garage.

Thanks for the tip … I did the same. Genius! 👍