Looking for 35 inch tire recommendations

LarryTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm looking to replace my GOODYEAR MT/R 35" (only have 4/32 left).

Background: Non daily driver, 4.56 gears, 3.5" lift. West Coast so little to no snow.

I was looking at the BF Goodrich 35x12.50R15 Tire, Mud-Terrain T/A KM3. Anyone running these? Pros/Cons? Would you buy them again?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Tob
Enjoy, if you can get them. I tried last year and they were on a 12 week backorder so I got coopers. I haven't heard anything to indicate the supply chain had gotten better since then, so if you have a chance, better grab em.

Enjoy, if you can get them. I tried last year and they were on a 12 week backorder so I got coopers. I haven't heard anything to indicate the supply chain had gotten better since then, so if you have a chance, better grab em.
I called two different places and the supply system for the KM3 is not an issue at this time. One place can have them in one day and the other is a two day on site ready to install.

Did you go with the Cooper evolution AT or something different?

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I think things are starting to improve with tire inventory. I ordered a set of KO2s a couple months ago that finally came in and got installed on 4/6.

Reactions: LarryTJ
I think things are starting to improve with tire inventory. I ordered a set of KO2s a couple months ago that finally came in and got installed on 4/6.
I looked at the KO2s but was reading KM3s will perform better off road.

How are your KO2s overall?

I called two different places and the supply system for the KM3 is not an issue at this time. One place can have them in one day and the other is a two day on site ready to install.

Did you go with the Cooper evolution AT or something different?

I got the discoverer stt pro. They've been working out just fine but KM3 had been my first choice for like 2 years and then when it was finally time, I couldn't get them.

Mickey Thompson baja boss are in stock for 35x12.50r15

Dude at the tyre shop said he found 8 on the west coast. I bought 5.
tires001.jpg

Background: Non daily driver, 4.56 gears, 3.5" lift. West Coast so little to no snow.

I was looking at the BF Goodrich 35x12.50R15 Tire, Mud-Terrain T/A KM3. Anyone running these? Pros/Cons? Would you buy them again?

Thanks in advance
I just put 35 x 12.50x 15 KM3's on my TJ and ran them on Chinaman Gulch. I like them a lot and thought they did pretty well since they hadn't been scrubbed up yet. The drive from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista was really good. There wasn't any excessive road noise. I'm really happy with them! Here in Colorado Springs they had the KM3's in stock. For a mud terrain, they handled road driving really well!
Igoo65

Last edited:
Honestly they had nothing of substance to say about the Maxxis. The other two reviews actually had some content.

Reactions: JMT and LarryTJ
Really enjoy my Maxxis razor's but they aren't 35's.

know several with them who do like them as well

I’ve had km3’s since 2019. Probably 10-15k in them. Still quiet on the road and No droning. They’ve been just fine off road here on the east coast and haven’t had any real issue with them.
I’m coming from procomp xmt2’s so can’t give you a cooper vs Mickey vs bfg comparison

EC1562D6-A4BA-492E-B84F-EEE4DD133850.jpeg

I’ll have a better comparison after this TJFest but my Baja bosses did Moab last year including Pritchett and I also went out and completed the Rubicon with them and they did well. No complaints and they are getting better as they break in.

028CC951-C53D-48A5-A11F-8E1B292232A9.jpeg

Thanks in advance
I went from MT/R’s to Cooper STT Pro’s to Maxxis Razr to KM3’s.

I like the Cooper’s the best so far. They are quiet, wear even, and hook up great in the rocks and dirt.

The Maxxis Razr’s are a mean looking tire that is loud. They hook up well too. No issues except some say they start chunking.

The KM3’s I didn’t like at first. They just look narrower due to the roll from the sidewall to the tread (it’s not boxy). However, I have since concluded that that design is better for airing down to increase sidewall contact and tire patch. They run small. They’ve also hooked up well in water, mud, rocks, and snow. I give them a thumbs up, but I still like the Cooper’s better.

I would like to try the MT Baja Boss.

I went from MT/R’s to Cooper STT Pro’s to Maxxis Razr to KM3’s.

I like the Cooper’s the best so far. They are quiet, wear even, and hook up great in the rocks and dirt.

The Maxxis Razr’s are a mean looking tire that is loud. They hook up well too. No issues except some say they start chunking.

The KM3’s I didn’t like at first. They just look narrower due to the roll from the sidewall to the tread (it’s not boxy). However, I have since concluded that that design is better for airing down to increase sidewall contact and tire patch. They run small. They’ve also hooked up well in water, mud, rocks, and snow. I give them a thumbs up, but I still like the Cooper’s better.

I would like to try the MT Baja Boss.
Out of all the tires I've tried, the MTZ P3 was my favorite. They were a "D" rated 17" tire that performed the best in my varied terrain/climate area. They handled rain and snow well, cleaned out mud excellent, and stuck to the rocks. The sidewalls were tough, they didn't "chunk" on me, and rode well rolling down the highway. My only complaint was the flat spot they'd get when sitting for a couple weeks. If the MT Baja Boss improved on that, I'd be thrilled!

Note: Like other tire manufacturers, I've noticed that MT has phased out some 15" tire sizes. However, they still offer the Baja Boss in a 33x12.50R15 and 35x12.50R15. They have eliminated the ATZ P3 completely and the MTZ P3 is now only available in one 15" size, 31x10.50R15.

They just look narrower due to the roll from the sidewall to the tread (it’s not boxy). However, I have since concluded that that design is better for airing down to increase sidewall contact and tire patch. They run small. They’ve also hooked up well in water, mud, rocks, and snow. I give them a thumbs up, but I still like the Cooper’s better.

that's what attracts me to the KM3. I like the rounded-over shoulder and the way the lugs extend over on the sidewall look more integral to the tread structure and more grabby than most others, like the Coopers, that look kinda just pasted onto the sidewall.

I also think having the narrower tread profile would help in my case because I'm running 4" backspacing and need about 1.5 washers on my steering stops to keep the Coopers out of the control arms. If you compare the section width specs on the tires, IIRC, the Coopers are spec'd about 1/2" wider.

Reactions: JMT
Don't know where this is in anyone's decision process, but a recent thread mentioned that the BFG's were substantially lighter than some of the other brands - like 40lb per tire. No hands on experience but just relating what was posted elsewhere.