Looking for 4 inch lift kit suggestions

MUJEEP

2004 TJ currently have a 2.5 lift with 31 wanting to go to 4 inch lift and big tires. Weekend driver with no off roading. What is the best lift kit with stability/ handling but doesn't break the bank.

2004 TJ currently have a 2.5 lift with 31 wanting to go to 4 inch lift and big tires. Weekend driver with no off roading. What is the best lift kit with stability/ handling but doesn't break the bank.
Does your wife/GF have access to your bank account records? You're going to need a good amount of money. Why not just add a BL and 33s (for looks) and be done with it.

Do a zone combo 4.25 with adjustable trackbar.

Be prepared for POSSIBLE shifter linkage replacements... wheel spacers... center console relocation.. new spare tire carrier... beefier steering dampner... new u-joints... new speedogear... and upgraded brakes.

Then there's a need for regear if you want to improve/restore overall drivability.

Last edited:
Do a zone combo 4.25 with adjustable trackbar.

Be prepared for POSSIBLE shifter linkage replacements... wheel spacers... center console relocation.. new spare tire carrier... beefier steering dampner... new u-joints... new speedogear... and upgraded brakes.

Then there's a need for regear if you want to improve/restore overall drivability.
Damn! I wish you would have told me that 15 years ago when I installed that lift when it first came out. I didn't need any of that shit and it was just fine. Installed it on 5 other Jeeps since. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Plumber1
Yes, but be careful on these forums. Lots of ass kissing and people pushing "High end" NAME BRAND lift parts (still made in China) for triple the price and a limited warranty. The term "you get what you pay for" refers to the high end crap with limited warranties too. Triple the price with a 1 year warranty. NOT!
p.s. BDS lifetime warranty. Who else does this and honors it?
This is so true. I ran across a aftermarket Jeep parts company recently that advertises and "Abuse Proof Warranty". However, when you actually read their warranty it states they do not cover part failures resulting from abuse.