Looking for 5.13 gears for my 2.5 TJ

bcdawson27

Looking at re gearing my jeep to 5.13 gears since it has the 2.5L but have only found 1 company that sells 5.13 gears for dana 35/30 and they’re over a month out. Anyone know another place that has them or thoughts on just doing 4.88’s since they’re easier to get?

Looking at re gearing my jeep to 5.13 gears since it has the 2.5L but have only found 1 company that sells 5.13 gears for dana 35/30 and they’re over a month out. Anyone know another place that has them or thoughts on just doing 4.88’s since they’re easier to get?
Tire size and transmission?

Reactions: AndyG
Anyone know another place that has them or thoughts on just doing 4.88’s since they’re easier to get?
Have you checked Nitro gear? Product Code: GPTJ35-513. There's no way in hell I'd not wait, especially as little as a month, for the proper ratio on such an expensive mod.

Reactions: rasband
Have you checked Nitro gear? There's no way in hell I'd not wait, especially as little as a month, for the proper ratio on such an expensive mod.
i haven’t but i will and i agree with you, i’d much rather wait just wanted some opinions before pulling the trigger on anything

Reactions: L J
What about a carrier? I've been waiting months for a Super 35 locker.

The only part I've gotten quickly for my Jeep was a Dorman replacement mount for my sun visor.

I'm expecting all my winter tear down projects to start this summer when everything finally arrives.

-Mac

What about a carrier? I've been waiting months for a Super 35 locker.

The only part I've gotten quickly for my Jeep was a Dorman replacement mount for my sun visor.

I'm expecting all my winter tear down projects to start this summer when everything finally arrives.

-Mac
my carrier is good since i have 4.10’s right now

Apologies for having the dumb here, but just to confirm/clarify, with my stock SE having 4.10's, getting a new and/or different sized carrier is not needed?

Dana 30/35 running 33's

A month out is pretty good these days. Have you looked into the rest of the parts? It can take that long (or longer) to get the bearings/master rebuild kits.

A month out is pretty good these days. Have you looked into the rest of the parts? It can take that long (or longer) to get the bearings/master rebuild kits.
The problem is a month turns into 3 or more. They generally have no accurate way of estimating when stock will come in, so they just give you a number.

I got my 5.13s for my LJ from nitro in a week, 3 or so weeks ago.

I used nitro on my supercharged tundra on 37s and they were great for the 50k miles I had it.