WTB: Looking for a 2005-2006 TJ Rubicon or TJ Rubicon Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobK

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I ma looking for a TJ with something less than 100k miles and an automatic transmission. I live in the Dallas, TX area and would like to stay reasonably close so that I can justify coming to look at it instead of solely relying on photos.

I'm flexible on color, prefer a hardtop, would consider a soft top depending on vehicle condition, and would consider a dual top model.

If it is pure stock, I am good with that, if it is fully and recently upgraded, not so much. I'm looking for a project Jeep but not a money pit.

So to sum it all up, I'm looking for a unicorn....LOL

There’s no shortage of used keeps and TJs in the Dallas area. Rust free ones. Just start trolling craigslist, autotrader and your local Used Jeep specialty dealers. You will need to decide it you want mostly stock, or lifted and trail ready. If you want a Rubicon a Sahara or Sport/X.

If you are not sure you will wheel the Jeep off-road extensively then I would suggest looking at TJs that are not heavily modified. Just because if you don’t know what you are looking at you could end up buying one that’s built with a bunch of crap parts and you will have to spend a bunch to redo everything. Besides that building it yourself, or at least researching and choosing parts for your build if not mechanically inclined is half the fun.

Good luck

Reactions: BobK and Chasitek
There’s no shortage of used keeps and TJs in the Dallas area. Rust free ones. Just start trolling craigslist, autotrader and your local Used Jeep specialty dealers. You will need to decide it you want mostly stock, or lifted and trail ready. If you want a Rubicon a Sahara or Sport/X.

If you are not sure you will wheel the Jeep off-road extensively then I would suggest looking at TJs that are not heavily modified. Just because if you don’t know what you are looking at you could end up buying one that’s built with a bunch of crap parts and you will have to spend a bunch to redo everything. Besides that building it yourself, or at least researching and choosing parts for your build if not mechanically inclined is half the fun.

Good luck

Thanks for the sound advice. When I find this Jeep, it will be my seventh (yep 7th) Jeep and third TJ (yes I have an addiction problem.....). I currently have a JLUR and love it, but I'm looking for a project Jeep and one that I will use more offroad than the JL.

Well strike 1 on a 06 TJR, it was too far away and the dealer who had it was being uncooperative with sending me pics of the underside, him = "our lifts are too busy to be used taking pictures", me = "I got it, there is something you don't want me to see, thanks but no thanks".

Moving on to a couple of local TJ's hopefully in good enough condition to become my next project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.