Looking for a good sounding exhaust

Byhumba

Learning phase
Supporting Member
My previous 2003 TJ had a Banks system. I liked it a lot. That Jeep was totaled. My current 2003 TJ has the stock system. I also like it a lot. Lol. I may go with a Banks system if/when the stock system needs replacement, or better yet, go with the long system @Chris posted earlier.

Reactions: Chris

03coloradowrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ive had a banks for the past 2 years or so and im growing to dislike it. too raspy at mid rpm, reminds me of a Honda boy. if I could cut and toss in a resonator it might be better but im not interested in cutting it up.

Fughuert

TJ Enthusiast
My lj came with a carven muffler that was pretty loud but had a nice tone to it, not ricey little bit of rasp at high rpm mainly just deep sounding.

When I replaced my cats I had it dump behind the skid plate til I got around to welding a muffler on and that was much louder and very droney but sounded pretty good at WOT from 3-5k.

I replaced it with a walker quiet flow 21337 and it is whisper quiet, kinda sweet I can hear air rushing through my hood scoop more than exhaust, especially when it’s cold outside.

Blake Stamper

Im sure im gonna get a ton of hate for this but I love how my Jeep sounds, I replaced the muffler with a cherrybomb and i think it sounds pretty good and actually isn't super loud. I have a 2.5 tho soooo could be part of the reason why its not super loud...

jp14

looking to get a new muffler. does it even
The straight six can sound decent, and IMO a lot better than the newer 3.8 or 3.6s can sound.
Here is a clip of mine from my build forum. It is a simple Magnaflow 10415 replacing the stock muffler, and exiting out the back of the Jeep.
View attachment 87617
I really like the sound of this. does it drone? how are highway speeds?

Georgia Jeff

X2 on the Flowmaster. I had a Super 44 put on and I have been really happy with it. It’s never going to sound like a V-8, but sounds really good.

1o1proof

TJ Enthusiast
I had the borla cat back given to me, figured what the heck and stuck it on. It gives a little sound, nothing special. It is a very light weight unit and stainless., but no way would I pay what they ask for it.

Ephry73

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Actually no, It's a Magnaflow unit. same diameter as the stock piping. The muffler is a 2.5" and have to be reduced a bit on both ends.
I do have to say, I get no drone and it's quiet around town and cruising (I normally cruise at around 2,300-2,600rpm) and only gets raspy when I open it up, or down shifting hard into a turn.