Looking for a list of good and trusted TJ radiators

No personal experience yet....but when I replace mine I'll go with a Denso. There's an aftermarket radiator on my TJ and, while I don't know how long it's been on, it clearly has been on there for a few years.

Reactions: dvngdg
I installed a Murray brand in 2018. It has a lifetime warranty, so I bought it from the local auto parts store instead of online just in case I ever need that warranty. It was an exact fit, no issues with installation, and it has worked very well through our 115+ summers. Note that last part - if your summers aren't triple digits, then this one will definitely keep your engine cool.

Mopar is available for certain years. For a 2003 (and possibly other years, check with the folks on here who are FAR more knowledgeable than I am) I was able to find one here and they are showing as having 11 in stock:

https://www.wermopar.com/oem-parts/...nbGVyJnk9MjAwMyZ0PXNwb3J0JmU9NC0wbC1sNi1nYXM=

5F234165-0B95-492D-A9DF-9F953EB503D3.jpeg

The decrease in the availability of OEM Mopar parts is the reason why I have purchased spare parts in the past as they became available.
I maintain a spare parts cabinet with parts that have proven to be difficult to find such as radiators, fuel pumps, and numerous sensors....
Be persistent and you will find a source....

Reactions: Irun
Mopar is available for certain years. For a 2003 (and possibly other years, check with the folks on here who are FAR more knowledgeable than I am) I was able to find one here and they are showing as having 11 in stock:

https://www.wermopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-engine-cooling-radiator-55037653ab?c=Zz1jb29saW5nJnM9cmFkaWF0b3ItYW5kLXJlbGF0ZWQtcGFydHMmbD00Jm49QXNzZW1ibGllcyBQYWdlJmE9amVlcCZvPXdyYW5nbGVyJnk9MjAwMyZ0PXNwb3J0JmU9NC0wbC1sNi1nYXM=

View attachment 394810

i know this is an older post but just in case someone stumbles upon it in the near future… This radiator is for a RHD TJ Wrangler…Radiator - Mopar (55037653AB) Now the good news is if you have a RHD TJ you don’t need to pay the outrageous price for an original RHD Mopar replacement, simply purchase the LHD TJ radiation and then swap out the radiator core mounts, it’s easy to do and only requires you remove the 4 bolts holding on each mounting bracket and then mount your old radiator brackets onto the new core and install. Doing it this way saves you a few hundred dollars.
the only difference between the two radiators is the mounting brackets because of the RHD steering. Also if you want to save even more you can also purchase a TJ radiator from any parts dealer and simply swap the brackets…

Reactions: Mike_H
i know this is an older post but just in case someone stumbles upon it in the near future… This radiator is for a RHD TJ Wrangler…Radiator - Mopar (55037653AB) Now the good news is if you have a RHD TJ you don’t need to pay the outrageous price for an original RHD Mopar replacement, simply purchase the LHD TJ radiation and then swap out the radiator core mounts, it’s easy to do and only requires you remove the 4 bolts holding on each mounting bracket and then mount your old radiator brackets onto the new core and install. Doing it this way saves you a few hundred dollars.
the only difference between the two radiators is the mounting brackets because of the RHD steering. Also if you want to save even more you can also purchase a TJ radiator from any parts dealer and simply swap the brackets…

I gotta set the record straight on this as I am the one who made the post you quoted. I think you might be mistaken.

Please see the attached page from the 2003 Jeep Wrangler Parts Catalog. You'll notice that Mopar part# 55037653AB corresponds to line "J". According to the table at the bottom of the page, Line "J" refers to Wrangler 4WD. This is the part number referenced in my post and corresponds to the link I provided in that post.

In contrast, you'll notice that immediately below 55037653AB in the parts catalog it lists 55037654AB. That part number corresponds to line "U". According to the table at the bottom of the page, Line "U" refers to Wrangler 4WD - RHD.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Parts Catalog - Figure 007-110 - Radiator and Related Parts.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta set the record straight on this as I am the one who made the post you quoted. I think you might be mistaken.

Please see the attached page from the 2003 Jeep Wrangler Parts Catalog. You'll notice that Mopar part# 55037653AB corresponds to line "J". According to the table at the bottom of the page, Line "J" refers to Wrangler 4WD. This is the part number referenced in my post and corresponds to the link I provided in that post.

In contrast, you'll notice that immediately below 55037653AB in the parts catalog it lists 55037654AB. That part number corresponds to line "U". According to the table at the bottom of the page, Line "U" refers to Wrangler 4WD - RHD.

View attachment 407804

I simply followed the link provided and as you can see from the screen shot I just took it references RHD

31D03144-1DB0-43A6-BAE3-C859559D22A9.jpeg

I simply followed the link provided and as you can see from the screen shot I just took it references RHD

I see that the website has that language but the website's information may (or in this case) may not be accurate. It is always best to consult the official Jeep parts catalog for the specific model year of your vehicle for the correct part number. Every model year's parts catalog is available in the resources section of this website.

I purchased that exact radiator — 55037653AB — from WerMopar.com about a month before I made that post. I can assure you--at least as far as model year 2003 is concerned and my initial post was very explicit that it applied only to that model year — it is for LHD.

Last edited: