WTB: Looking for a new instrument cluster top cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred.05TJ

I am looking to buy a new top cover, mine is damaged where the defrost comes out at the windshield. It's the piece that goes from side to side and has a cutout for the VIN number. Can't seem to find a new one, only used on Ebay....

If the damage is just the grill where the defrost ventilation comes thru and not the entire cover piece; you can remove the cover from the dash, separate the plastic grill from the inside of the cover and fabricate a new grill with material purchased from Home Depot.

If the damage is just the grill where the defrost ventilation comes thru and not the entire cover piece; you can remove the cover from the dash, separate the plastic grill from the inside of the cover and fabricate a new grill with material purchased from Home Depot.
What kind of material at Home Depot? Dept?

Gutter cover mesh (plastic or metal), expanded sheet metal (near the key machine, bolts, etc) or hardware cloth (1/2 or 1/4 inch metal mesh screen)

Reactions: Stretch
What kind of material at Home Depot? Dept?
Like DBBD1 said... there are a lot of choices... just depends upon whether you want a material that is UV resistant or not...
You can remove the old grill material, cut the new material to size, dust the new material with flat black paint and use a few dabs of hot glue or RTV to fasten the new grill in place.

I am looking to buy a new top cover, mine is damaged where the defrost comes out at the windshield. It's the piece that goes from side to side and has a cutout for the VIN number. Can't seem to find a new one, only used on Ebay....
I have one from a 98 wrangler. What color do you need or are you willing to recolor? Not hard to do with SEM paints. I’ve done it with door panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.