Looking for a replacement jack that fits under passenger seat

Zedd

TJ Enthusiast
I’m looking for a replacement jack that goes under the passenger seat of the TJ.
I didn’t get it when I bought the car recently. Was wondering what a good replacement would be that can sit underneath the passenger seat like the original. Or hell, if someone finds an original one for sale that looks good that would work too.

Reactions: reddvltj
I think I have one, but honestly I can't recall exactly where it is. If I find it before you find another source, I'll let you know.

Reactions: Zedd
I just use an aftermarket bottle jack wedged and bungeed in the same space. Its been there a few years with no issue.

Reactions: T_Hase89
I just use an aftermarket bottle jack wedged and bungeed in the same space. Its been there a few years with no issue.
Hydraulic bottle jacks always fail at the worst time (when you're using it). I prefer a mechanical one like the original, or the old Toyota ones were nice. Compact and plenty of height.
jack.jpg

I'll need to look, but I just realized I saw the jack under the seat but nothing else. I need to make sure I have the rest of the stuff so I can use the jack and get the lug nuts off and on. :unsure: Otherwise, I'll have to use AAA like my wife and kids. That would be embarrassing.

Reactions: Zedd
My OEM lug wrench bent on the first lug nut I tried to loosen. Granted the shop put them on too tight, but they all do that. Anybody know of a stronger lug wrench that's the same size? Around town driving I don't carry my tool crate. And flats only happen at the worst times.
Sorry for jumping on the thread.

My OEM lug wrench bent on the first lug nut I tried to loosen. Granted the shop put them on too tight, but they all do that. Anybody know of a stronger lug wrench that's the same size? Around town driving I don't carry my tool crate. And flats only happen at the worst times.
Sorry for jumping on the thread.

Can't go wrong with a good size breaker bar and 19mm socket (or whatever size you might have) tucked away for stubborn lug nuts.

Yes, if the factory lug wrench doesn't work for you, a 1/2 inch breaker bar, appropriate sized socket and maybe an extension won't take up hardly any room. You could lay it in the floor between the seat and door opening.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I just wanted to tell you that this was by far the best resource. I cannot thank you enough and I’m not just talking about the jack

No worries! I share that website with everyone I can. It's by far one of the best resources I have yet to find.