Wisconsin Looking for a shop to re-gear near Northwest Wisconsin

WFD 19

I have a 2.5L with a 5 speed transmission and 4.10 gears. I want to re-gear to get better highway drivability and am looking for recommendations for a shop somewhere near Northwest Wisconsin.
I got a couple of quotes from places in the Mpls. area, but they were way more expensive than I thought they should be. Any help is appreciated.

What prices were you quoted? About the cheapest I've seen in a while to regear both axles is $1300 but the usual quotes will be higher than that. Make sure to only use a conventional gear lube in your axles, especially during the critical break-in process. Gears have been found to run significantly cooler when lubricated with a conventional gear lube.

Following, I too am interested in your quotes as I am looking to do the same in the very near future.

One of the quotes was for $3,200 and the other was $3,500.
I do have a quote for $2,100 to put 4.88 gears in, but they don't carry 5.13's and I am interested in the deeper gears.

One of the quotes was for $3,200 and the other was $3,500.
I do have a quote for $2,100 to put 4.88 gears in, but they don't carry 5.13's and I am interested in the deeper gears.
For just the gears and perhaps a carrier or two plus labor? If so that's stupid high. If that price includes anything else like a locker or limited slip then it's more reasonable.

I just had mine regeared recently. They provided the gears, install kit with seals and bearings, and I provided front and rear Detroit Truetracs and Revolution 1541H axles shafts. I paid them $1450 out the door, so tax included.

Your quotes are ludicrous. Even if they are providing the carriers, empty carriers are under $100 each. They're trying to bend you over, and not only not provide lube, but add sand and gravel at a heavy markup cost to you.

I've called all over WI and the UP to any shops with at least a few reviews. I found that many driveline/transmission shops would not touch gears, off-road shops and dealerships were the most responsive. There is nobody that I could find that would sell and install RGA and/or ARB. Everyone wanted to sell Yukon. I only found one shop that provided a halfway decent warranty for parts and labor, other shops wanted to give taillight warranties "since this isn't normal".

I had a friend bring his Jeep to the dealer last month for a re-gear and locker (he supplied parts). Well the shop messed up some spring so the locker wouldn't work (said they installed it, but the spring wasn't anywhere inside the diff...?) friend ended up having to pay extra for more parts and for it to be fixed. Last I checked he's happy with it now.

Honestly I'd drive or ship my axles to a reputable shop and have the work done that way. Even if that'd make the warranty near impossible I'd take my chances.

I'd be open to any recommendations for a shop somewhere in Minnesota from the Twin Cities area to the Duluth MN area too. I'm only a handful of miles from the border.

I'd be open to any recommendations for a shop somewhere in Minnesota from the Twin Cities area to the Duluth MN area too. I'm only a handful of miles from the border.

Discount Tire is the only shop that hasn't treated me like a criminal for having "off road tires". They even helped me unload when I brought in 10 tires at once all 35" and above. I'm sure there's other good shops around, but I've gone through all (literally all) in my local area. It's well worth the 8 hour round trip to Discount Tire.

I talked to an "off-road" shop this week. $3000 to $3500, but he wouldn't recommend going to 5.13 at all. Actually not even changing to 4.88.
He said the 4.10 gears are perfect with the 33" tires and the 5 speed manual. There would be no reason to change gearing at all........

I have a 2.5L with a 5 speed transmission and 4.10 gears. I want to re-gear to get better highway drivability and am looking for recommendations for a shop somewhere near Northwest Wisconsin.
I got a couple of quotes from places in the Mpls. area, but they were way more expensive than I thought they should be. Any help is appreciated.
Hi! Im dealing with the same problem. Did you ever find a shop to regear?

I did. I used 4 Wheel Parts in Brooklyn Park Mn for my re-gear. I am happy with what they did, the price was reasonable. The only issue I had was with getting it scheduled. My first appointment was on March 27th of last year, just after the world shutdown. I was able to get it done in May.
Night and day difference in the Jeep!

I'm in the Madison area...and looking to have Revolution Super35 installed and regeared from 3.07 to 4.56. J&L in Madison quoted both axles at $3500, but they didn't quote the Super35, I don't know if they have access to Revolution. The were quoting the new open carrier for the front and Tru-Trac in the rear. With my 35" tires I really need to get the Super35.
I'll have to check the 4Wheel Parts in Elgen IL.