England Looking for a TJ in the UK

ROBERT HEATH

Hi, Had a Jeep Cherokee sport 2.5 crd for 16 years, now looking for a TJ.
Looking at Jap import to UK due to lack of salt used over there .
This one I've seen 2006 sport, it has a red Jeep badge on each side and no sport badge.
Is this normal or do you think it's had a respray?
Any experience with Japanese imports?

Screenshot_20180830-123917.png

There are a number of member on here from the UK who can be of way more help than I can (since I'm in the U.S.). Hopefully one of them will chime in. In the meantime, do you guys have something similar to Craigslist over there where people post used cars for sale? How about eBay UK, have you checked that?

Also, I didn't realize they used salt in the UK!

Got anymore photos of that red one?

Bought my TJ after sifting through some badly corroded ones over here, found a pretty good one. 70,000 miles almost standard apart from fenders/stainless exhaust/air induction kit/think its had 2" lift??
20180905_191249.jpg

Reactions: Maso and LincsLad
Hi Robert

Funny, I have just bought a Japanese import TJ because of them not gritting the roads;)

Mines a little older than yours [2001] but I bought it because it only has 44k miles on it which isn't bad for a 17 year old, mine's crazy high but I love it and it's always funny watching the wife try and get in wearing a skirt:D

P1010006.JPG

I've saw a few of these jap imports on ebay when I was looking, I managed to find one in the end for a good deal and from the uk, altough I have had to do some paint work to the fenders and had to tidy up the frame, there are a few for sale but they always seem expensive here, I mean not many want people want a 4.0l truck with the fuel cost the way they are, as for the one your looking at it looks like it's had some mods so maybe they removed the wing decals, mine were chipped with bits missing just from general wear and tear from washing so I removed them and replaced with new ones

Reactions: Chris
Hi, Had a Jeep Cherokee sport 2.5 crd for 16 years, now looking for a TJ.
Looking at Jap import to UK due to lack of salt used over there .
This one I've seen 2006 sport, it has a red Jeep badge on each side and no sport badge.
Is this normal or do you think it's had a respray?
Any experience with Japanese imports?

Not sure if this is England or not, but it just popped up for sale:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/9-945-2005-6-speed-manual-tj-rwc-reg-28-7-19.14527/

Not sure if this is England or not, but it just popped up for sale:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/9-945-2005-6-speed-manual-tj-rwc-reg-28-7-19.14527/
looks like southern hemisphere.

I wouldnt go all out for a japanese import, spent two years looking for mine as the colour, hardtop, ac and low milage 4.0 stock, were important to me. look closer to the large cities where well off owners keep them stock and parked inside for most of its lifetime. I found an 02 model with around 45k miles on it.

Reactions: Chris