Looking for advice on 4" lift kit

Rareform

I’m looking for a 4 inch lift kit but do not want to spend a bunch of money on it. It’s my DD and I only take it on trails not really rock climbing but in the even I want to in the future the left has to be able to upgrade to support such activities

Make sure that u know a 4 inch spring lift will require you to do a slip yoke elimination kit and a rear drive shaft. This can add about 600 dollars to the bill.
To get around this what a lot of us do is a skid plate drop. It’s a option to correct the rear drive shaft angle.
The other option is to do a 3 inch suspension lift, a 1.25 body lift and a 1 inch motor mount lift. This will fix the rear drive shaft angle.
I purchased a zone 4.25 combo lift which was all of that in one kit and it’s a good price. I think it comes in around 500-600 dollars. I ended up getting it off eBay with Fox shocks for 730 when they where running a promotion. Keep in mind this is designed to run a 33 12.5 15 tire. Changing to that larger tire size will make u want to regear and the gas mileage will go into the toilet.

If u want to daily it look into a 2 inch suspension lift and around a 31-32 inch tire

Reactions: Cornbread
Make sure that u know a 4 inch spring lift will require you to do a slip yoke elimination kit and a rear drive shaft. This can add about 600 dollars to the bill.
To get around this what a lot of us do is a skid plate drop. It’s a option to correct the rear drive shaft angle.
The other option is to do a 3 inch suspension lift, a 1.25 body lift and a 1 inch motor mount lift. This will fix the rear drive shaft angle.
I purchased a zone 4.25 combo lift which was all of that in one kit and it’s a good price. I think it comes in around 500-600 dollars. I ended up getting it off eBay with Fox shocks for 730 when they where running a promotion. Keep in mind this is designed to run a 33 12.5 15 tire. Changing to that larger tire size will make u want to regear and the gas mileage will go into the toilet.

If u want to daily it look into a 2 inch suspension lift and around a 31-32 inch tire

Zone 4.25” is what I run also. Sounds like it would be a good lift for what your describing.

At 4" you start getting into needed things like adjustable control arms and slip yoke eliminater (only non Rubicon models) driveshaft, and possible gearing troubles with the tires. If you want the look, but less trouble a 2.5" suspension lift and a 1" body lift will get you lots of places.

At 4" you start getting into needed things like adjustable control arms and slip yoke eliminater (only non Rubicon models) driveshaft, and possible gearing troubles with the tires. If you want the look, but less trouble a 2.5" suspension lift and a 1" body lift will get you lots of places.
X2. A 2.5 inch lift 1-1.25 body spacers and 33x10.5 makes for a great daily driver.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
I put the zone 4” kit in my 2002 TJ a few months ago and I love it

Mine is more street driven than trail driven

I did the 4” zone kit off of ebay for a little over $400 i think

swapped in a rear disc brake dana 44
put in a yukon carrier
4.56 gears front and rear
rubicon express front trac bar
front motor mount lift
33” tires

I have zero complaints with everything
it actually rides very well on the street
(not like a cadillac, but feels like a normal jeep, not a death trap)