Looking for advice on potential LJ purchase

snowpig32

I have been searching for a clean LJ for a while now. I live in Central Ohio, I get this isn't much to go on but I don't need a lot but a well taken care of no rust LJ that either has mods or not. LJ will be primarily be towed behind my blue bird motor coach for adventures.

i came accross this add in Ohio and was wondering your thoughts and if anyone might know this Jeep. Thanks for any comments that might be made. I do hope this add image is enough to go on.

South West 04 LJ under 100K mi looks stock mostly $14Kish. I am really close to pulling the trigger.

04LJ.JPG

We need the link to the add, not a screenshot.

Also, we need to see photos of the underside of the frame, as that's going to be the determining factor as to what it's really worth.

If the frame is clean, then it's worth 14k assuming the rest of it checks out.

If the frame is rotted, it's not worth a dime other than what you could get for the cost of parting it out.

Reactions: g.hayduke
Sorry it's a facebook market place add, here is the link but im not sure if you can get to it.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/502404453867099/

This is new news just discovered this morning.
Jeep looks clean but after multipal conversaiotns owner eventually commented that he purchased it from
https://daveysjeeps.com/I have never been to Davey's personally, looks like clean stuff, but I have never seen a jeep for sale there with a clear title for sale.
Turns out it is a salvage title vehicle, to good to be true :-( I dunno. He said it only had a dented fender, I believe the owner, but that seems like a small thing to have a salvage title vehicle????

Any comments, opinions? I don't want a trail vehical, I want a mall crawler to tow and venture mild off road if need be.

Questionable history...not ragging on Davey.

If its just a tow behind and something to run around with when traveling, Id offer less and see where it goes. It does look awfully clean

Care fax, I could be wrong but I might be pushing a little hard, he said price is now 13K, what would be a none offending reasonable offer.
Can these be totaled out if it has a dented fender? I don't think so but what do I know. Lets say the hood, fender and rad got crushed and then it was totaled out. Again, what would be a fare offer? hum Im asking a lot with out actually being able to see the jeep, sorry. If I jet hard up and have to flip it what would it be worth, 10K

Any comments, opinions? I don't want a trail vehical, I want a mall crawler to tow and venture mild off road if need be.
It doesn't make much sense to me spending $15K on such an old vehicle that's only claim to fame is off-road performance just to tow the two ton pig behind an RV and run it to the supermarket.

My wife and I talked to him. We're from Dayton Ohio. We got the same story regarding the salvage title history. He didnt tell us up front, only after we were setting up a time to see it dis he tell us. We disnt get a good vibe from him.

Taylormade 73,, I didn't want to say anything so thanks for chiming in. I have been back and forth with this guy for well over a month, never once did he state it was salvage until it slipped out where the jeep came from. What's a fare price for this one, 9K? I am still considering if I want to make him an offer or not after this discovery. I don't think he will take it, as I have stated we have been talking for a bit now. Im personally not in love with yellow but thought I could eventually look past that for the right price and no RUST

Krug, do they seem respectable? Sure if you want to take a look it would be much better than the pics. Im looking for a rust free LJ.

I have even toyed with the idea of this one. I wouldn't have to do a thing, this is mostly exactly what I am looking for, but pricy, yolo. I plan on buying only one more jeep :) , fly in drive out, it would be a long ride.
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/scottsdale-2005-jeep-wrangler-rubicon/6990553029.html
Hard top is a nice bonus, Ill have a hard top one day regardless, I sure like the look of gr8tops.

Thoughts on this one? pricy, and what looks like spray paint is concerning on the underside.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...e1=JEEP&modelCode1=WRANGLER&clickType=listing
Thanks again :)

I don't really know what a fair price would be for a salvage vehicle. Resale is always unknown, so it wpuld only be if you were lpoking to keep it amd not resell it. Qith that said, it wpuld be hpw much is it worth to you if it is indeed "rust free."

I have not dealt with Krug directly. I have looked at 2 of their vehicles, albeit after hours so i didn't speak with anyone and can't provide any opinion on their character. However, both jeeps I looked at on their lot were rust free, which shocled me. I checked inside the frame and all. All their jeeps have seemed over priced though. I will check it out this week.

Like the Phoenix LJ.

It's a pass for me on the Maryland one. Too suspicious from the photos to the remarks in the listing. A rust free frame is typically not accompanied by a rusty/rotted windshield frame or bubbling paint in the body. Virginia/Maryland winters are brutal on Jeeps.

Hope this helps some.

Taylormade 73, your opinion and comments have helped some, thanks.

I cant get to Phoenix just now, my daughter had a nasty accident Friday so traveling won't be happing any time soon. Anyone had any first hand experience with a shipping company or better yet in the shipping business. Im just trying to get educated now.
Salvaged jeep, I don't plan on buying one to flip it, but life happens and these LJs are somewhat an investment. I don't plan on buying one to loose moneys either or Id just buy a rusty one :). If the seller came out and stated it was salvage at the beginning along with a reasonable price tag on it that would be a whole different thing, this one feels deceptive witch makes me wonder what else might not quite line up.

Thanks all other that have commented so far, its like sitting down at the table with a bunch of guys that know there stuff and having a friendly conversation. This form is the best.

Jim.

I hope your daughter is okay as well.

I've used uship.com a number of times and never had an issue shipping vehicles from out of state.