Looking for advice on RK lift and shocks

RubiJR

For a few weeks now I've been debating on pulling the trigger on my lift and tires. I'm wanting to try the RK 2.0 stock mod w/o shocks, paired with the rancho rs9000xl adj. Haven't found much on the RK triple rate springs on a tj but the ranchos are rather loved and i'm pretty set on those. I had a RK lift on my 2 door jk with fox shocks and loved it just the fox's were a bit stiff for my taste. For tires I'm leaning towards trying the patagonia mts- 33's. Jeep is a DD and won't see much wheelin' for a little while. Any input on the lift or "combo" I'm going for is much appreciated!

Not sure how much "triple rate" you would get out of a 2" spring. Even the dual rate ones are questionable as in if there is enough spring to take advantage of the dual rate without the upper coils becoming static once the weight of the jeep is on them. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: RubiJR
Not sure how much "triple rate" you would get out of a 2" spring. Even the dual rate ones are questionable as in if there is enough spring to take advantage of the dual rate without the upper coils becoming static once the weight of the jeep is on them. Hope that makes sense.
yeah, you're right. didn't think about it that way, may look at things from a diff perspective then and change my spring selection completely.

You'd be better off with a 3" spring anyways if you are running 33's. JKS's springs are dual rate. There are a couple jeeping on here running them and seem to be pleased.

yeah, you're right. didn't think about it that way, may look at things from a diff perspective then and change my spring selection completely.

Focus on setting the ride height first, followed by the free length if that is a concern. The rest is largely insignificant and is very quickly overshadowed by the shocks.

If you are building for a DD then I would lean hard towards an A/T over a M/T tire. At most the newer "tween" style that is an A/T in the center of the tire and more of a M/T on the outer edges. You'll get better braking, cornering, mpg, tire life, and quieter (they claim) and normally a lighter tire.

If you are building for a DD then I would lean hard towards an A/T over a M/T tire. At most the newer "tween" style that is an A/T in the center of the tire and more of a M/T on the outer edges. You'll get better braking, cornering, mpg, tire life, and quieter (they claim) and normally a lighter tire.
To piggy back on this I would also suggest getting a 10.5 inch wide tire for a DD over a 12.5. The road manners are much better.