Looking for an Atlas Transfer Case Mock-Up

Fouledplugs

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
I’m sure most are aware of engine mock up products. They are made of plastic and used to check engine placement, exhaust clearance, and suspension clearance for 4 wheel drives.

Makes it really easy to pull, check everything, place back in, check adjustments, and pull again.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing to mock up an Atlas transfer case? Or anyone know of a used case/empty case for sale?

Advanced Adapters is saying 15 weeks for my order. They are swamped and playing catch up from the Covid shut down.

Found one in Pensacola. Going to grab it in May.
685AF803-90C8-4AD9-A922-B2A482A15F8F.jpeg
EA693A4E-1EE5-4CDB-95B6-820A3472AA2D.jpeg
CD54D370-73F0-4250-BC5B-866360882614.jpeg
BBCC74F7-BC83-41CF-A22F-E37A2799A213.jpeg
5CDD5D9F-B52D-4EEF-AF59-8E32BDE64037.jpeg
6828A321-0AB8-4DA9-AAF5-59D22BF1DC92.jpeg

Back to the drawing board.

Looking to print an Atlas 2 transfer case. I have the CAD file.

I’m located in the southeastern United States, so local would be ideal.

If there is a printing service somehere else that is reputable and can ship, I would have no issue with going that route either.

Shop phone rings and rings. Emailed him.

If there is a printing service somehere else that is reputable and can ship, I would have no issue with going that route either.
Did you ever get ahold of Grant?

Reactions: Fouledplugs

If you can post or PM me the file I can see if a friend of mine can fit it in his printer.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Are these places doing so well that they don't give a shit about new customers or? And why? I've spent hours on phone on hold before and waited days for a reply that never comes.

What happened to that first mock up you posted?

Reactions: P man
Are these places doing so well that they don't give a shit about new customers or? And why? I've spent hours on phone on hold before and waited days for a reply that never comes.

What happened to that first mock up you posted?
Owner dodges my question when I asked if he was open to shipping it.

After adding up the math, travel down for the mock up case wasnt worth it.

The shop that built it doesnt build them anymore. So I’m still exploring options.

I asked again if he would ship, waiting on a reply.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Wildman
This interests me
My overall goal is to get one 3D printed and use it for mock up.

The reason being, I placed an order for a 3.8 Atlas transfer case and it’s got a 17 week build status. There are a lot of folks in front of me.

If I can get a mock up, I can use it to set my LS and 4L80E in the Jeep and then start tacking in the coilovers and links to check bumps.

My overall goal is to get one 3D printed and use it for mock up.

The reason being, I placed an order for a 3.8 Atlas transfer case and it’s got a 17 week build status. There are a lot of folks in front of me.

If I can get a mock up, I can use it to set my LS and 4L80E in the Jeep and then start tacking in the coilovers and links to check bumps.
Makes sense. Looking forward to this build for reference on a possible upcoming project for myself.

Reactions: Wildman
I just sent him a message. Will let you know when he gets back to me.
Thanks. He reached out to me today.

He printed the GrabCAD file for an Atlas 2 speed that is here:
https://grabcad.com/library/atlas-2-transfer-case-1
It wasnt spec.

Advanced Adapters changed a few things since then. He used another case he has and is planning on having them built out of foam. More to come in a few weeks.