Looking for an interior panel for my TJ

Skyhawk

OK, this is a really tough one... For someone who really knows the parts manual!!!
I have a 2004 TJ with black interior. There is a plastic panel I am missing. It goes in my interior, below the passenger door, about 4-5" wide, runs from below the glove box to the rear of the front seat on the passenger side. I have been through the parts manual page by page about 4 time and cannot find. I figured it would be with the carpet, nope! Does anyone know where I can find this panel? TIA!

Are you sure you are missing it? What you describe sounds a lot like the plastic trim piece that most TJs have on the driver side only. It covers up some wires that run along the underside of the door.

Are you sure you are missing it? What you describe sounds a lot like the plastic trim piece that most TJs have on the driver side only. It covers up some wires that run along the underside of the door.

Yep that's the deal, drivers side only.

Reactions: SSTJ
I wish I could! It just looks like something should be there.... Why would they do that? They must have cheaped out

Have you looked at the rest of the vehicle? Jeeps used to be ultra utilitarian and that’s what a lot of people miss with the more modern JKs and JLs. There was a time when carpet, roll bar padding, a back seat, roll up windows, and AC were all options on a Wrangler. So Jeep actually optioned up the TJ and gave you all that plus the drivers side cover.

Reactions: chili_pepper
As said, the drivers side panel covers the wire harness. Since there is no wire harness on the passengers side, there’s no need for a cover.
But it would be nice to have one. I ran my CB power wires there and covered them with a strip of duct tape.

That strip under the door on the passenger side of my jeep is carpeted. Could be that it's part of the Sahara package though, not sure.

That was an option for the Sahara package. There is a thread on here where someone posted pictures showing this. I've personally never seen that side carpet on a Jeep and my son as well as a couple of friends have Saharas.

Edit: Here is replacement carpet showing the side pieces. Maybe the OP can purchase the new carpet to cover what he doesn't like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bionic_Scorpion
Still don't get the trend of removing this that seems to be prevalent these days. I think @macleanflood found out the hard way earlier this year why it's best left on...and I feel like he even mentioned as much in one of his rebuild posts after "the incident".

IMG20230628225124.jpg

-Mac

Reactions: chili_pepper