WTB: Looking for dana 44 front and rear housings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony13393

Im sure this request is asked a lot, but here it goes. I am looking for front and rear Dana 44 housings lockers would be nice. Ultimately gonna put 4:10 gears in them. Im having a very hard time finding anything remotely acceptable. If anyone can lead me in a direction it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Tony

Im sure this request is asked a lot, but here it goes. I am looking for front and rear Dana 44 housings lockers would be nice. Ultimately gonna put 4:10 gears in them. Im having a very hard time finding anything remotely acceptable. If anyone can lead me in a direction it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Tony

I'm ~30min drive from the Toledo/MI border a few miles south of DTW airport. I have a few things on the list. . . .

-non-Rubicon TJ Dana 44 rear w/ 3.73, Trac-Lok, drum brakes from a '98 Sport. The housing was sandblasted and rattle-canned black earlier this month. The Trac-Lok is roached, haven't taken it apart yet
- TJ Rubicon OEM 4.10 gears, donor vehicle (avatar) has 168k. I haven't received my LJ from the shop, or the take-out parts to assess wear & condition
- TJ Rubicon front and rear lockers. Both worked when removed, both have 168k miles. The rear actuator was replaced with a new Crown unit a couple years ago at ~160-161k miles. Gear swap is in process and I haven't received these parts back yet.
-TJ Rubicon front and rear locker pumps, both working. One OEM, the other is aftermarket replaced at 160k miles
-wiring harness from locker pumps to the axles. The switch is still in the Jeep, and I did cut the harness at the transfer case

Also have access to (FIL) a front Eaton TruTrac for standard rotation Dana 44 w/ 3.92-5.38

. . . and I do have the matching front Dana 30 w/ 3.73s, blasted and rattle-canned housing

. . . and also a rebuilt HP Dana 30 w/ 4.88s, and rebuilt TJ Dana 44 rear w/ 4.88s and ARB

Thanks

Tony
If you ever come to Florida lmk lol

I just got back from backpacking. I’ll get to read and respond hopefully tonight

You mean like this? Rubicon 44 front and rear, with stock 4.10 gears and ready to bolt in.

ckJXVnn.jpg

I have front and rear Dana 44 Rubi axles that I'm going to be putting up for sale; however, I don't know the pricing yet. I posted a thread to ask this forum on advice for pricing (what guys on here think they're worth). I'm asking because there are a couple issues with them: 1. rear locker has a suspected bad actuator and 2. front made a popping noise while driving just prior to me garaging it for the installation of the replacement axle assemblies. Anyway, here is the link to the thread with all the specs and what is included: Rubi Axles.

Edit: I like to be upfront about everything, which is why I am posing the pricing question to the forum with the issues in mind.

I have front and rear Dana 44 Rubi axles that I'm going to be putting up for sale; however, I don't know the pricing yet. I posted a thread to ask this forum on advice for pricing (what guys on here think they're worth). I'm asking because there are a couple issues with them: 1. rear locker has a suspected bad actuator and 2. front made a popping noise while driving just prior to me garaging it for the installation of the replacement axle assemblies. Anyway, here is the link to the thread with all the specs and what is included: Rubi Axles.

Edit: I like to be upfront about everything, which is why I am posing the pricing question to the forum with the issues in mind.
I’ll pass your description to my folks who know more than me as well. Please private message me as well, I’m in Ohio and hopeful this could work out good for the both of us. Thanks for the reply!

I’m still on the hunt for Dana 44 front and rear 4:10 gears or just housings. If anyone can help

Still trying to find some Dana 44 front and rear, will settle for just housings l, but ultimately looking for 4:10 gears with lockers. Last parts I wana install before I go for my engine swap. I’m located in northeast Ohio but willing to drive a bit. Please keep your eyes open for me. I can’t find anything in my area.

I will keep my eyes open for you. Btw, I got lucky and got a locker actuator from Seacot, so my rear Rubi 44 will be fully functional with Rubicon locker with pump and chromoly axles. Now I just need to fix the front Locker spider gears, and then I'll have a full set of upgraded Rubi 44 axles with lockers and pumps for sale.

Keep in mind, there is nothing really special about a front Dana 44. It is essentially a Dana 30 from the axle tubes to the outers.

Status
Not open for further replies.