Looking for Facebook Marketplace assistance

If FB changed to requirements to eliminate the registering requirement all you would have in the end is another Craigslist full of scams. Registration tends to keep it on the up and up (not perfect) and I have done numerous successful transactions with some nice people.

Found a well known HD sewing machine last year (for upholstery) near Sacramento but I was not driving 10 hours r/t so I got his number and called to see if he would ship, he wound up being a real nice older gentlemen who had no online payment options but agreed to a check with $50 for shipping. He still shipped it days before receiving the check and called to thank me for sending a good check.

At least something that isn't a "walled garden" or better, a "walled sewer". Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, but like the OP, I won't set foot on that site and would/will exit the Internet if that's what its future is.

Edit: I think I'm the ONLY oldster/boomer I know of who ISN'T on facesuck. I'll admit that I'm a grumpy/bitchy old man, and own it! When something rubs me completely the wrong way, I shut it down. Facesuck and smartphones are the top two in that category. A close third would be STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES!

My dad is 68 and doesn’t FB. I’m mid 40’s and don’t either. Gen X’er.

Reactions: B252
If FB changed to requirements to eliminate the registering requirement all you would have in the end is another Craigslist full of scams. Registration tends to keep it on the up and up (not perfect) and I have done numerous successful transactions with some nice people.

Found a well known HD sewing machine last year (for upholstery) near Sacramento but I was not driving 10 hours r/t so I got his number and called to see if he would ship, he wound up being a real nice older gentlemen who had no online payment options but agreed to a check with $50 for shipping. He still shipped it days before receiving the check and called to thank me for sending a good check.

Nice! My wife buys stuff off there all the time.

Reactions: TJ4Jim
Damn, really!!! I found him on the 3000GT forum but he is not replying, and I saw he had only 6 posts, all in the for sale section, so I assume he is not looking.

I agree with you that the Seller is limiting his audience, and for me that is a pro, less Buyers know of this car....BUT, I would rather not have the car than join Assbook.

Thanks for the reply Zorba

I reached out to him for you early this morning but haven't heard back. Must not be in a hurry to sell it.

I reached out to him for you early this morning but haven't heard back. Must not be in a hurry to sell it.

Thank you for that! Big help and we need to keep feeding each other with things to buy...I assumed since he joined 3si.com that he wants to sell it, and he made a nice sales pitch.

Single family owners (father + son), all original low original mileage sportscar. There are very few VR4’s treated as well as this car. Never a daily driver – Never driven in snow – Never used to race (except some stoplight whiplash, lol). My father and I have treated this vehicle with care. No accidents, dents, missing parts and still a very tight car. Only 264 VR4’s were produced in this color & year.

Exterior
Sable Black Pearl drapes this perfect car. Paint looks as fresh as from showroom. Spoilers on the front and rear are activated when the car reaches 45 MPH and add more stability with regards to airflow underneath as well as downforce with the car. A full roof sunroof can be flipped up to increase airflow into the cabin. All exterior glass is scratch free and in good condition. Projector type fog lights and halogen headlamps are present and hide under clear plastic covers. Recently purchased, but not installed when photos were taken, a new set of OZ Racing 18" rims and ATR Sport 2 tires. OEM Rims included if desired.

Interior
Leather on two front buckets with functional power adjustments on the driver's side seat. OEM stereo unit included, but replaced with Pioneer dual-din system, new Infinity speakers, amp, cross-overs, wiring and dynamat of floors and doors. Audio sound quality is mind blowing, with no subwoofer boom. dashboard, seats, and shift boot leather are flawless. Includes interior moonroof cover and rear trunk retractable cover.

Drivetrain
A 3.0 Liter V6 DOHC 24 valve engine fitted with twin turbos that are intercooler equipped, paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Undercarriage
As nice as the topside of this car, pristine surfaces, straight panels, and no rust shows how car was almost never driven in rain! OEM exhaust will be included but was upgraded when car was new.

Other Items
Dual Airbags, ABS, ECS (Suspension) , Active Aero (Fin), Sport/ Tour (exhaust) all work perfectly. The full-time four-wheel drive, four-wheel steering, and electronic controlled suspension are signature items to this car as mentioned in article. [The 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Was Too Far Ahead of its Time]

This low mileage, rust free VR4 is a rare bird in the North East (Rochester, NY). After checking numerous sites the price is more than reasonable with others of the same caliber. I am asking $20,600 which includes the $1,000 I just spent on the new rim/tire setup.

Reactions: Chris
That in itself is another problem. My #1 rule is NEVER, EVER use your real name on public areas of the Internet. NEVER. FB et al require "real" names, and we all know why. That is reason #1 out of about 530,201,808,444 that I won't be found there. I know better, as do most IT/Computer people.

Reactions: jeepguy03
That in itself is another problem. My #1 rule is NEVER, EVER use your real name on public areas of the Internet. NEVER. FB et al require "real" names, and we all know why. That is reason #1 out of about 530,201,808,444 that I won't be found there. I know better, as do most IT/Computer people.

Wait, so is your profile picture not really you?

Wait, so is your profile picture not really you?
Oh, its definitely me! Likenesses I'm not particularly worried about - I have cameras pointed at me all the time. Hell, I have a fairly large website slathered with pictures of/with me. What I don't have is my legal name associated with them, all any facial recognition software's gonna do is say "Zorba" - which is as it should be. Don't know what happens between pix with vs without makeup.

Last edited:
Oh, its definitely me! Likenesses I'm not particularly worried about - I have cameras pointed at me all the time. Hell, I have a fairly large website slathered with pictures of/with me. What I don't have is my legal name associated with them, all any facial recognition software's gonna do is say "Zorba" - which is as it should be. Don't know what happens between pix with vs without makeup.

Love the secrecy, especially if you can scrape the internet to ensure you remain stealth at all times.

When you say you have cameras pointed at you at all times, what does that really mean? Are you live-streaming?

Love the secrecy, especially if you can scrape the internet to ensure you remain stealth at all times.

When you say you have cameras pointed at you at all times, what does that really mean? Are you live-streaming?
I'm a Belly Dancer - which means I perform quite a bit, at least pre-CCPV. Cameras come out like they do with anybody who performs, especially Belly Dancers, and most especially a MALE Belly Dancer. I don't even notice them (cameras) anymore, even flash doesn't bother me.

And yea, I make it my business to get my legal name out of as many places as I can. You can't eliminate everything - far from it - but you can make yourself a much smaller target than the idiot that is on facebook yelling his legal name all over the Internet. I have a fairly uncommon name - BUT - there's a few others out there with the same name, and one of them is blasting it all over the 'net like a 50 Kilowatt CW transmitter! I'll hide behind his signal, so to speak, and thank him for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: skrelnik
I'm a Belly Dancer - which means I perform quite a bit, at least pre-CCPV. Cameras come out like they do with anybody who performs, especially Belly Dancers, and most especially a MALE Belly Dancer. I don't even notice them (cameras) anymore, even flash doesn't bother me.

And yea, I make it my business to get my legal name out of as many places as I can. You can't eliminate everything - far from it - but you can make yourself a much smaller target than the idiot that is on facebook yelling his legal name all over the Internet. I have a fairly uncommon name - BUT - there's a few others out there with the same name, and one of them is blasting it all over the 'net like a 50 Kilowatt CW transmitter! I'll hide behind his signal, so to speak, and thank him for it!

Yeah, now I recall that...we had an exchange a while back, now it's coming together... you mentioned the dancing. I am a camera shy person by nature, mainly cause of my ugly head shot...realistically I always try to be low-key and remain stealth, except when someone talks crap about the 2005-06 OPDA, then that sets me off on these forums. :)

Yup, I work in IT and while I do have Facebook my profile is extremely vague, and the information is not accurate. You don't have to put your real full name or your actual location, there are ways around it.

Yup, I work in IT and while I do have Facebook my profile is extremely vague, and the information is not accurate. You don't have to put your real full name or your actual location, there are ways around it.
Yes. The standard advice is - if you feel the need to be on those sites - is to lie through your teeth!

I remember banning Facebook, Twitter and a few other sites at work, and everyone lost their shit. That was fun!

Is this still available?

Ha, I sure hope so and the Seller finds replies.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Flair
Hi - I do not have a Facebook account but I cam across something I am looking to purchase. If anyone has a Facebook account are you able to pull contact information, the seller's email or phone number? Or does all contact have to go through Facebook?

This is the listing. Thanks in advance!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/302290987642588/
Don’t know if it’ll help you or not, there’s currently this one on Craigslist in Houston.

C7AAC9B9-7272-4814-B5BC-741FBA2C5DB7.png