Looking for feedback on Deegan 38 Tires

techster82

Lover of Lifted LJs
Supporting Member
Hey guys, so I'm going to be putting 315/75R16 tires on the LJ I picked up last week and came across pretty solid pricing on the Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 MT tires at 4wd.com. After a $100 rebate a set of 5 in this size would run just over $1000.

Currently I've got a set of BFG KM2s on my TJ in 305/70R17 and I run BFG KO2s on my daily driver F150. In the past I've also run Nitto Trail Grapplers, Goodyear MTRs and a couple of others but I've not owned any Mickey Thompson tires. Cooper STT Pros have my attention as we as a couple of others.

For the size and type of tire this is one of the best deals I've come across so I'm hoping to get some feedback from folks that may have experience with them versus other options in this size. I'll most likely be mounting them on a set of factory Moab Rubicon rims or something similar like the Mammoth Boulders. This jeep isn't a daily driver and I'm looking for something that has decent road manners, performs well offroad when needed and also looks damn good when I stand in my driveway and stair at my LJ Rubi.

Pic for reference:
deegan38.jpg

I have the MTZs and love how the handle on the road, they are also quieter than what I was expecting. I think the Deegans are a little less aggressive and will perform better on the road than the MTZs