Tennessee Looking For Fellow Mid-South Jeepers (Memphis, OB, SouthHaven)

Jon Wildes

TJ Padawan
Supporting Member
Just looking to connect with a few mid south jeepers. Find out where you guys ride and share repair stories.

That would be a good connection to have. Southaven is my home town where I grew up. Born in Memphis. Lives in Deaoto County most of my life. Been in Oxford, MS for the last 10 years

Not much in riding info recently. Just mudding in high school which is never fun to get off lol. I’ve seen several trailers Jeeps head to Sardis quite a bit down this way. Bottoms in Coldwater ect.

I’ve been looking for a power line road locally but no luck really without legal issues ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: Jon Wildes
Nice to meet you man. I think in order to get a good ride I’ll have to travel to west Tn.

Hello from Memphis. If you haven't yet, check out Mid-South Jeeps. Also, Hawk Pride in Alabama is a 2 hour drive. Hot Springs is a 3 hour drive. Both fun parks, we typically do day trips to Hawk Pride, but spend the weekend when we go to Hot Springs. Windrock in East TN is a good place, approx 5 hour drive.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Hello from Memphis. If you haven't yet, check out Mid-South Jeeps. Also, Hawk Pride in Alabama is a 2 hour drive. Hot Springs is a 3 hour drive. Both fun parks, we typically do day trips to Hawk Pride, but spend the weekend when we go to Hot Springs. Windrock in East TN is a good place, approx 5 hour drive.

Mid-south Jeeps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Midsouthjeeps.com is their website, the forum on the website is not that active anymore but still value for searching. They have a very active Facebook page. They are having a meeting at gosset in October and also their Fall Run at Hot Springs is weekend of Oct 20. Hit springs is a lot of fun.

Their is also West TN offroad ( WTO) which I believe is based out of Jackson, TN but their are a lot of Memphis members. They have an active Facebook page as well.

I am a member of MSJ! I live in the Southaven area. I haven't been able to go on any rides yet, but I did go to the Jeepers for charity event a few months ago. There was a whole Jeep procession that clogged up traffic for miles on the interstate! It was actually pretty fun. Great group to hang with. I was introduced by my cousin Justin and my cousin-in-law Miles.

Resurrecting an old thread to let some other delta region Jeepers know there’s another one among you. I just bought a 98 SE with a laundry list of issues that I’m working to resolve, but hope to see some of you around once the weather warms up.

2B2D7040-3CE1-4145-92D0-86A19855FFAA.jpeg

Reactions: 1o1proof
I’m in west TN as well, but on the very eastern side, so everything would be 2+ hours away.
We ride Turkey Bay, Natchez Trace, Loretta Lynns, going to bikini bottoms this spring and of course everything we can find on public property.

There is also a new place called Wild Donkey off road, and they claim to have Jeep trails...I haven’t been there but people that have say it’s more for RZRs.

Also, we are looking forward to our first trip to wind rock @ the end of May. Does anyone that’s been have suggestions/tips.

Windrock is Huge! You definitely want to make it up to the flats (I think it's Caryville Flats?), buy a map at the general store and then pick a route with blue and black trails from the store to the most upper RH corner of map (I think it's front and back so the most upper rh corner of back). That is what we did and it took us most of the day to get there and back. If you start on Trail 16, it is a badge of honor trail and is pretty easy until the hill climb at the very end. I have never been, but I think there is away to get to an old abandoned train and also some windmills, you can google to find it. Also, they will check your coolers at Windrock.

Hawk Pride down in Alabama is probably also not too far from you and worth a trip.

Thanks for the tips, I had not heard of the flats & will definitely check into that. I have been watching some windrock videos, just trying to get ideas on where ride.
We will definitely check out hawk pride, I love that area! Did several months of training in muscle shoals a couple years ago.