TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Looking for good replacements for sound bar speakers

chuckie669

I've accumulated some points with best buy and would like to buy some speakers for the roof bar as Rusty's speaker rattles.

Stock head unit. Can you help me determine what a good replacement would be please?

Frankred

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I think the original size is 5.25" but people screw in 6.5" over the opening. I put 5.25" speakers with polyfill inside mine a long time ago.
Be aware of the brackets to put larger speakers in the front locations too.

Jws2006Tj

Just bought an '06 and replaced all the speakers. We put Rockford Fosgate in the front speakers and a day later put Focal's in the rear upper bar. The difference in sound is amazing. I did put a 4 channel amp to the speakers and it really drives them.

Reactions: Oldguy

Goatman

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Those Pioneers have only a 88 db rating. You want a speaker well into the 90's for a low power system. The higher the number the more efficient they are. Meaning it takes less power to drive the speaker.

CharlesHS

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've accumulated some points with best buy and would like to buy some speakers for the roof bar as Rusty's speaker rattles.

Stock head unit. Can you help me determine what a good replacement would be please?
Take a look at the Crutchfield website...
They have quite a selection of speakers and audio equipment.

Reactions: VWilson
OP
C

chuckie669

^ not sure why but just saying blam made me laugh.

I appreciate the comments all. I went with the kicker as I was looking for something that had to be on best buy to replace stock speaker on a stock hu as i had credit saved up so that I could make the purchase.

dale5150

My 03 had an Alpine stereo in it when I got it. Says built-in amp with 18 watts x 4 channels. Stock speakers. Would aftermarket speakers make any worthwhile difference in sound?

OP
C

chuckie669

How do you like them so far? Did you upgrade the front speakers as well?
No but I have enough points still with best buy to afford the front. I just have to figure out what size. When I put the rear in I realized only the front driver side worked.

The sound quality to nothing compared to having an Amp is way better than the cardboard stock speakers I had