Looking for ideas and suggestions on 2006 TJ Rubicon upgrades

I thought i was ready to put on the lift,but It looks like I dont have enough parts to install it.

As I read the instructions there's shock mount relocation brakets required but not included. It looks like some people with various 4"lifts are able to trim coil buckets to clear the shockbody.

Can anyone conform of a fox 2.0 would work without waiting for shock mounts.

I havent done any tummy tuck yet and have a 1"mml thinking this would give me better pinion angles, and better position for the shockmount also.
I still can't afford to be without a vehicle a week so i gotta get my ducks in a row before turning wrenches.
The fox 2.0 are shaft down. With the fox shocks on your 4in suspension lift, you should be able to trim the perches slightly and clearance them with no issues.

Reactions: Muddyjeep276
The fox 2.0 are shaft down. With the fox shocks on your 4in suspension lift, you should be able to trim the perches slightly and clearance them with no issues.
Im gona give it a try. I think with the shaft down on the shocks,no tummy tuck, and the mml i should be to the good.
I spoke with somone at Currie earlier that thought it will most likely be good, but to pay attention for binding could be without the relocation mounts.

If trimming the spring perch a little is needed id rather do that instead of an extra bracket for sure.

Im gona give it a try. I think with the shaft down on the shocks,no tummy tuck, and the mml i should be to the good.
I spoke with somone at Currie earlier that thought it will most likely be good, but to pay attention for binding could be without the relocation mounts.

If trimming the spring perch a little is needed id rather do that instead of an extra bracket for sure.
As I was apprehensive about cutting my spring perches, I bought and installed the Currie shock relocators. I felt like a kid getting his first haircut, afraid of the unknown. Despite everyone telling me to trim the perches, I had to learn the hard way about 2 very important things: 1. Lost 1" of shock travel and 2. Placed more leverage/stress on my shock mounts (also thought they were fairly flimsy). I removed them and trimmed my perches and now all is right as rain. Trim the perches; it won't hurt I promise.

I sure am glad this currie lift came with new hardware, its been a chore with factory rusted bolts and fasteners. A control arm with the bolt froze in the bushing is a lot like changing an old leaf spring...pia.
Its not all done yet but should be soon. Im pretty excited about it. If I can get it done in time Ill get to do a vehicle recovery,and wheel it this weekend.

20200211_130102.jpg

20200212_180041.jpg

If price matters ... 33's
I spent 4k (Canadian so like $2500 US) on a lift, shocks and a new set of 32 KO2. Stay with the short arm too. All my humble opinion...
But remember to build what you really want ... Cause you don't want to hate yourself later if you under build it for what you really want 😀

The Jeep is getting there. Ive got the lift kit on,and Im pretty happy with how it looks.
Ive still got to get an allignment.

I had some trouble finding a shop to do the alignment. A couple I called just couldnt/wouldn't do it.
When I found one that would I had the jeep towed there on a rollback, but by the time they got it on the alignment machine I didn't trust the people to to do any work at all on my jeep. Ive just put too much time and effort into it to let somone jacklegg it at the end.

Im going to try a different shop Monday, this shops does lifts and custom trucks all the time so Im pretty optimistic about getting it setup right.Just not cheap$$.

Good,Fast,& cheap. You can find any two of those in one place but never all 3 at once.

It's very simple to align the TJ. All you really have is a toe adjustment that can easily be done with a tape measure. If you are competent enough to install the lift you are more than able to do the alignment. Super easy 👍

20200225_151032.jpg

Here's what I ended up with. Currie Rock Jock 4" short arm with JKS disconects, Fox 2.0 shocks,Savvy 1.25" body Lift,Vanco 15"Big Brake Kit, Tom Woods DC driveshaft,35x12.5x15 Milestar Patagonia MT, American Racing AR23 wheels.

I've still got some wraping up to do with brake lines,steering. Ive jist drove it home from the alighnment shop. My drag link rod end has wear issues that are worse with the big tires now so the steering upgrade is bumped up to asap.
Rides awesome and way better than before"even on overinflated tires". The Currectlync steering just came in but didnt make it in time to go on at the same time. Ill be putting a rancho steering damper on with it.

Reactions: Locky and Plumber1
I was holding off on saying much about the lift and mods untill it'd been driven a bit.
Im loving it. Better on road,better offroad,rides better looks better,handles better. Over 4"lift 35" tires and it rides,and handles better than before.
I got to run a few trails at Windrock Park, and was very happy with how well it worked. Hopefully ill try some trails ive already drove and have more to compare it too.

Reactions: Apparition
Congrats!🍻 Glad you are happy with the upgrades.👍 Sucks when you spend a lot of cash and time to end up going the wrong way with a project. 🐖

I've been having some starter trouble. What better time to upgrade the cables than when your looking at all that anyway. I dont think the cables were really the cause to the problem but couldn't hurt,.Right?..lol.
When changing the cables i found that there's a whole in the bottom of the starter.
My guess is I knocked the little plastic plug out of the hole, then filled it with mud. It got dark on me before I could do anything with it.
Id like to go ahead and get a starter, maybee i can clean this one back up for a good spare.
Im thinking of upgrading alternater also so it'd have a spare too. One more thing for the list.

20200407_200659.jpg
the hole is on the bottom to the left or rear of the starter. There's a small little plastic plug that is loose, and the hole is open.

The red isnt transmission fluid.

20200419_114254.jpg
I changed out coolant hoses flushed the coolant system with Zerex Super Cleaner,and took the Jeep out for a good ride to give it a chance to clean out the system
20200419_151258.jpg
20200419_114347.jpg

Reactions: Chris
20200424_193131.jpg
Temporary repair until I can come up with a better fix. This worked loose and Ive lost the bodylift puck.
I tried replacing the 7/16 bolt,but the thread wouldn't hold,then I tapped to 9/16, and that didnt hold. So I drilled all the way through the grill and put a longer 7/16 bolt on. Ill try it out on the trail tomorrow.
Im hoping it'll hold until I can fix it right.

Reactions: Chris