Looking for license plate relocation ideas

I just used a mallet to bend the rear plate to the curvature of the rear corner, mounted it directly to the corner, then used LED mounting bolts to light the plate up at night. https://www.denniskirk.com/k-and-s/led-license-plate-mounting-bolts-25-9160.p213803.prd/213803.sku

View attachment 136443
Hey Jerry,

Did you use existing threaded holes to mount the plate?

Savvy and MaxBilt are back-ordered on LED TL. I have MC in hand and they appear to be the same dimensions as your Savvy. I got the cheap molded plastic version that are the same diameter as OEM but shallow so there's no room for the OEM plate mount. I'm perfectly fine with folding my plate and already have LED bolts.

I didn't need nutserts, just put a bolt through and a nut on the back side, nothing was blocking once I removed the rear portion of the inner fender liner to gain access.
Gonna see if the OEM plate bracket bolts might work. Would have to drill the plate.

Reactions: pagrey
I just drilled the plate, shifted it driver and used three bolts (left and lower) in the stock locations on the tub. Works fine on a CA plate, don't know if it'll mess with the markings or stickers on a NV plate.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
I used the Warrior Products one linked a couple pages ago. Used the factory hardware and drilled through the plate.
tailgate009.jpg

Seems the outside lip around the corner may get hung up on something. I'll find another solution if and when this one breaks.

Here's what I ended up doing with my plate re lo. Installed onto tailgate vent louver using universal plate bracket that I had laying around. Thanks for everyone's input.

View attachment 137038
Excellent - I really Like IT - I maybe prejudice I have attached my version .. I am working on wiring my license light with the two wire system to the 3rd brake light. How did you do it ( currently I have it connected to my trailer wiring) ?? Thanks !

Attachments

• 00  RightRearSide.jpg
    00 RightRearSide.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 52
  • ReLocate Lice.jpg
    ReLocate Lice.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 44
I bought this few years ago and it has been sitting it a closet ever since.

tagrelocation_1800x1800.png

I also have the ORO PlateLITE for tag light and 3rd brake light. Where would be the best place to tie this in to my 06 LJ? I don't really want to cut into the factory wiring, but would if I have to. I had bought a trailer harness hoping to tie into it, but I have no idea where it's at and would have to look for it. Any reason why I shouldn't try to tie into the trailer harness if I can find it?